• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free stuff anyone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free stuff anyone?

Hi all,
    I'm a contractor working on lots of BI/OLAP and database stuff.
    I've not left a message here for a while (which is why I couldn't remember my details and had to re-register), but for the past few months I've been working on some database software that I'm willing to give away in return for kind words and the occasional bug report.

The product is "Data Monkey Generic Data Hub" and was featured in this months SQL Server magazine (November).

It's a cross between Query Analyzer/ Toad / SQLplus together with some nifty ETL stuff (write your own .Net functions etc).

You can use it with virtualy any ODBC compliant database to query, push and pull data. Quite a few people are using it as they find it easier than SQLplus or Toad for DB2 etc.

No catch....you don't even need to register on the site: use the credentials:
    "[email protected]" with the password "guest". If you like the software, send me an email at [email protected] and I'll talk to you about getting a registration key F.O.C.

The website for the software is www.datadaysolutions.com

John

I aint got time to test your software but am happy to do a banner exchange, as your product os not in competition to mine

Comment

Banner exchange

Send me your details so I can have a peek at what you've got (which sounds far too much like the Gary Glitter thread!)

p.s. It's not really testing, as it's being used in anger at a couple of banks, I'm just looking for unbiast comment and trying to get a bigger user group. (which is why I won't charge Contractors from this forum for a licence)

Comment

Sent you a private message...

Comment

I'll have a look Moose. It fits in with what I do.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I use DBDesigner 4, rails and a little ruby gem whose name I forget.

Design the database using the designer tool, run a command at the command line, get a fully webified CRUD layer.

Really sweet.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I remember you Moose, you are the Oxford guy / play the guitar ...used to work with that publishing company located north Oxford right??

Comment

heineman, elsevier?

Comment

It's me

Yip...havn't been on the bulletin board for a while, started at Abbey working on their BI stuff last year and been too busy comuting between Oxford and Milton Keynes.

Still in Oxford, trying to get my software out to the wider world.
                  It was nice to see that the posts haven't changed much here...still lot's of rants and madness.

moose

Comment

Elsevier

Originally posted by ~Craig~
                    heineman, elsevier?
                    Ah...the joy of Siebel

Comment

Working...
                    X