• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jimmy Carr gets off phone while driving charge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jimmy Carr gets off phone while driving charge

As much as I think he is funny, this is just rollocks.

How about a charge of driving without due care and attention?

I wish the mobile phone ban were extended to pedestrians. Sadly evolution has not had time to work its magic on these people yet.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      I wish the mobile phone ban were extended to pedestrians. Sadly evolution has not had time to work its magic on these people yet.
      Pedestrians pay higher price in case of accident...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Pedestrians pay higher price in case of accident...
        Yeah, on average, although I've almost come a cropper when they've wandered into the road in front of me on my bike. You're then faced with a millisecond decision on whether to swerve into the road and risked being squished yourself, or plough into them. They can often be seen wandering along in the gutter in town centres too, oblivious to traffic.

Comment

Yeah, on average, although I've almost come a cropper when they've wandered into the road in front of me on my bike. You're then faced with a millisecond decision on whether to swerve into the road and risked being squished yourself, or plough into them. They can often be seen wandering along in the gutter in town centres too, oblivious to traffic.
          Get a car

Comment

Get a car
            I've got a car, but haven't been using it much lately. It's due an MOT next week

Comment

I've got a car, but haven't been using it much lately. It's due an MOT next week

push-cart

a

Comment

push-cart

a
                Actually, since it's pronounced Emm Oh Tee, you would use "an".

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  Actually, since it's pronounced Emm Oh Tee, you would use "an".
                  Maybe it is pronounced like that in some circles, the rule-wise it should be written with an a...

Comment

Maybe it is pronounced like that in some circles, the rule-wise it should be written with an a...

It's pronounced like that everywhere. And rule wise, as it's an abbreviation and pronounced M.O.T. it should be written with an an.

HTH
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                    X