• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract At 400 A Day - Whats My Take Home Pay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract At 400 A Day - Whats My Take Home Pay

I ve been struggling with the maths here....

If I work 200 days a year at 400 a day the business takes home 80K a year.

Assume 5K a year expenses, 10K personal salary, that leaves 65K profit which needs to be withdrawn as a dividend.

Can someone help me work out the take home pay.

65k * 79% (21% corporation tax) == 51K??

<zip dons the tin hat and grabs the popcorn and beer>
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

You've got the expenses all wrong.

For a start - you have to add that to your income not take it away. Whoever heard of paying your own expenses?

That £5000 is too small too. That should be in the region of £20K.

Don't worry about having to get some of it to Hector. Just say "NO!" and he'll bottle out and go bother some little people.

HTH
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by joey122 View Post
        Can someone help me work out the take home pay.
        Yes, your accountant.

HTH
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
          Yes, your accountant.

HTH
          WHS
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Assuming this is a genuine post: answer

Comment

Working...
            X