• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Royal Marines to hire 30,000 wimps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Royal Marines to hire 30,000 wimps

Do you know any wimps who might be interested ? Possibly posters on here

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Servicemen receive a pretty damn good pension these days don't they? My father was in the forces all his life and retired on a pretty comfortable pension, but says he missed out on the recent big increases. My brother also retired from the army at 40 and received a huge pension (he died in Iraq), but he wasn't what you'd call a regular serviceman.

Comment

I learned a lot about soldiering from my Action Man.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        I learned a lot about soldiering from my Action Man.
        wowser.
        did he have a scar on his face ?
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          wowser.
          did he have a scar on his face ?
          I can't remember. Did they all have scars?

Comment

I can't remember. Did they all have scars?
            they did

i was too poor to have an action man, so i had to play with my sisters Barbie.

I bet you had a Johnny seven as well. and a super-soaker.

I once made a bow out of a rose branch. It was lethal

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              they did

i was too poor to have an action man, so i had to play with my sisters Barbie.

I bet you had a Johnny seven as well. and a super-soaker.

I once made a bow out of a rose branch. It was lethal

Lethal for the user or the usee?

I played with my sisters' barbies and sindies too. I got into trouble when my Action Man set fire to one of them.

I was too poor to have a johnny seven or super-soaker. I had a spud gun, and one of those guns that fired gold balls. Anyone remember them?

Comment

Lethal for the user or the usee?

I played with my sisters' barbies and sindies too. I got into trouble when my Action Man set fire to one of them.

I was too poor to have a johnny seven or super-soaker. I had a spud gun, and one of those guns that fired gold balls. Anyone remember them?
                gold balls yes. they were called...(banging head on table)

....(nowadays they call em BB guns - but we had a different name)

...it'll come to me.

my rose bow had a range of about 100m, more than double the rest of the gang with their bamboo cane efforts.

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

Lego Crossbow for the win !

The black, technical lego axles were great when sharpened with a pocket knife, and served as adequate bolts.

I could punch a hole through a copy of a Famous Five paperback novel at 5 feet, and shot the eye off my teddy bear.

Hmm...just realised that shot the eye off my teddy bear sounds like a euphemism, in the same vein as licking the chutney spoon. Oh well...
                  Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Royal Marines- aren't they the ones that cry when their iPods get stolen ? seems they may have enough wimps enrolled already
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X