• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need to sit down...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to sit down...

...just written out a cheque for my annual Ltd company corporation tax bill...

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    ...just written out a cheque for my annual Ltd company corporation tax bill...
    Don't feel down !

At least by doing your bit, you're putting back in to the government, and then the money can go round and help others to :

Continue the pointless war in Iraq and Afghanistan

Continue to line the pockets of our Political Overlords

Continue to pay for illegal immigrants

Continue to pay for the feckless to live on handouts, so they can sit at home and watch Sky Sports on their 60" tellies, wearing their new Reeboks, smoking Lambert and Butler and drinking Fosters, while neglecting to keep an eye on their 5 kids outside, whilst you slog your guts out to pay for it.

They need your money Kaiser, so stop slacking and posting here, and GET BACK TO WORK.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
      They need your money Kaiser, so stop slacking and posting here, and GET BACK TO WORK.
      I'm on my way since you have put everything into perspective...

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
        I'm on my way since you have put everything into perspective...
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

On a Sunday? Feel free to do mine while the chequebook's open, you craven workaholic thou!

Comment

Not had to do that in 8 years.

Hector
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

get over it!

it's not that much!
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

If you want to be depressed have a look at this counter:

http://www.spectator.co.uk/coffeehou...-counter.thtml

I watched all the corporation tax and personal tax that I paid over the past four years tick by in about twenty seconds.

Comment

Working...
                X