• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are people really still voting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are people really still voting

I don't want to sound like I don't care but seriously, are we all still voting for this bunch of low-calibre dim-wits we call politicians.

Seriously what are our choices:

Cameron: background as a member of the elite with a privileged upbringing. Zero experience of anything but politics.

Brown: background as a member of the elite with a privileged upbringing. Zero experience of anything but politics.

Clegg: umm next.

Isn't it time we all realized that the way we spend our pound is MUCH MUCH more important than the way we cast our vote.

Our political system is simple irrelevant in this age of globalisation.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

If one does not vote, on what grounds can one moan about the politicians that others elect?

Mind you, lately I always seem to be voting for the lesser of evils.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
      Isn't it time we all realized that the way we spend our pound is MUCH MUCH more important than the way we cast our vote.
      I like to spend my pounds on supporting the extravagent lifestyles of our MPs.

Comment

I also tend to vote for the lesser of 2 evils & I guess that'll be Cameron this time around. For the past 2 elections I've voted OMRLP just as a protest vote but I think things are a little too serious this time around for that.

Interesting to see that Labour have rebounded slightly in the opinion polls - according to the Suday times yesterday it's because of a combination of Osborne's frankness over cuts and the improving economy.

Comment

What's the point when 80%+ of the sheep vote red abattoir or blue abattoir?

Either way it's the abattoir that wins.
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            If one does not vote, on what grounds can one moan about the politicians that others elect?
            WHS. My father-in-law always moans about MPs (or whatever the Sun tells him is wrong with this country) but never votes, and isn't even on the electoral roll.

I always vote tactically, if I think it will make a difference. Last general election, the (now disgraced) Labour candidate wrote and added the standard "I hope I can count on you for your support" message. I wrote back to her and told her exactly why she couldn't, and to her credit, she responded with an "I'm sorry you feel that way, but if I'm elected, remember that I can still be contacted with any issues you want me to raise" and to her credit, she has been pretty good.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              That's a neat trick, how's he manage that then?
              Just doesn't return the electoral roll form.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                That's a neat trick, how's he manage that then?
                Make a donation to UKIP.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Shouldn't this be a poll?
                  (will get coat)

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Just doesn't return the electoral roll form.
                    Last time I ignored one they sent someone around to knock on the door. It was on a Sunday afternoon.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X