PDA

View Full Version : Carpet cleaning machine

MrMark
19th October 2009, 12:05
Has anyone here any experience of these? Looking into this as a possible Plan B.

Clippy
19th October 2009, 12:10
Has anyone here any experience of these? Looking into this as a possible Plan B.

I would have thought most households have installed hard wood flooring so not sure this would be a viable Plan B.

DimPrawn
19th October 2009, 12:11
Many moons ago a man came round with a van with a huge carpet cleaning machine built into a van.

Allowed him to clean a whole house top to bottom very quickly compared to the usual domestic carpet cleaners.

I would expect the machine cost a few bob.

Not a very exciting prospect, cleaning people's stinking carpets mind. Unless you are just going buy a suite of these and hire immigrants on min wage to do the dirty work.

Tingles
19th October 2009, 12:20
Carpet cleaning is extremely hard work.

Domestic Cleaning Agency - good residual income - don't get yer hands dirty.

minestrone
19th October 2009, 12:35
My mate used to fix the cleaners, says much of the business is going into old peoples homes to clean up the gallons of pish that get soaked into the carpets each week.

MrMark
19th October 2009, 12:42
My mate used to fix the cleaners, says much of the business is going into old peoples homes to clean up the gallons of pish that get soaked into the carpets each week.

Ah - so a growth industry hey?

DaveB
19th October 2009, 12:50
Ah - so a growth industry hey?

Especially if you can add Diuretics to the water supply...

MrMark
19th October 2009, 12:56
Especially if you can add Diuretics to the water supply...
I must say I like your thinking!

Amiga500
19th October 2009, 13:39

I have a vacuum cleaner. Very good.

Troll
19th October 2009, 13:54
Carpet cleaning is extremely hard work.
Carpet cleaning is wimmins work.

fixed that for you!

alreadypacked
19th October 2009, 13:57
Carpet cleaning is wimmins work.

fixed that for you!

Welcome back Troll, nice to see you have not changes a bit. Still single then :tongue

Troll
19th October 2009, 14:00
Welcome back Troll, nice to see you have not changes a bit. Still single then :tongueTea wiv two sugars please luv...

DaveB
19th October 2009, 14:19
I must say I like your thinking!

Just make sure you dont use laxatives by mistake.

TinTrump
19th October 2009, 14:36
An ex-girlfriend's dad was a social worker. At an old people's home he visited there was always an uncommon(?) stink of pee, emanating from a cushion left on a radiator.
Transpired one old dear would take her seat in the TV room for the day and to avoid having to walk to the toilet and lose her spot, would sit on a cushion, allowing her to take a leak at her leisure. Then she'd dry it overnight. :frown

BrilloPad
19th October 2009, 17:24

Upon moving into a house once decided to change carpets. When they came up they stank of cat pee. Looks like the cat just peed on the carpet.....