• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The whole of reality is conspiring against me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The whole of reality is conspiring against me

I’ve only got one item on my HAB Inc todo list for today – finish a program to update some details for US Futures in my reference database based on a FIXML file.

However, it has been one thing after another today stopping me from getting on with it. I’ve had bastards knocking on my door to read the ‘elecy, phone calls, internet modem going mental, clients asking stupid questions, and so on.

Now, I sit down to get on with it and I can’t remember what the thing is called and what directory it is in. So while I am posting this I am doing a search on the other machine to find it.

Arrrrrrgggggh

How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

http://mail.google.com/mail/help/tasks/

HTH
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      HTH
      Not really. I know what I have to do - it's bastards stopping me from doing it is the problem.

BTW, found my prog - in HAB Inc \ Tests and was called ConsoleApplication1

What sort of idiot would do call a program a thing like that?
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        Not really. I know what I have to do - it's bastards stopping me from doing it is the problem.
        But if you'd written down what it was called, you wouldn't have needed to remember it. Or blog/twitter/post about it.

I'm useless at remembering stuff, so I write it all down. That way my mind is free to think rather than remember...
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          But if you'd written down what it was called, you wouldn't have needed to remember it. Or blog/twitter/post about it.

I'm useless at remembering stuff, so I write it all down. That way my mind is free to think rather than remember...
          If only ........

I should bloody pull my finger out and get this business back together so I can stick to analysis and trading, and hire someone to do all the techie bits and bobs that I am clearly rubbish at these days.

Comment

BTW, found my prog - in HAB Inc \ Tests and was called ConsoleApplication1

What sort of idiot would do call a program a thing like that?
            sack him/her
            This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

If only ........

I should bloody pull my finger out and get this business back together so I can stick to analysis and trading, and hire someone to do all the techie bits and bobs that I am clearly rubbish at these days.
              do it now while there are lots of people available to recruit and while your shirt is clean
              This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
              X