PDA

View Full Version : The whole of reality is conspiring against me

HairyArsedBloke
19th October 2009, 15:04
I’ve only got one item on my HAB Inc todo list for today – finish a program to update some details for US Futures in my reference database based on a FIXML file.

However, it has been one thing after another today stopping me from getting on with it. I’ve had bastards knocking on my door to read the ‘elecy, phone calls, internet modem going mental, clients asking stupid questions, and so on.

Now, I sit down to get on with it and I can’t remember what the thing is called and what directory it is in. So while I am posting this I am doing a search on the other machine to find it.

Arrrrrrgggggh

:tantrum: :bang: :throw: :suicide:

Moscow Mule
19th October 2009, 15:08
http://mail.google.com/mail/help/tasks/

HTH

HairyArsedBloke
19th October 2009, 15:17
HTH

Not really. I know what I have to do - it's bastards stopping me from doing it is the problem.

BTW, found my prog - in HAB Inc \ Tests and was called ConsoleApplication1

What sort of idiot would do call a program a thing like that? :spank: :suicide:

Moscow Mule
19th October 2009, 15:29
Not really. I know what I have to do - it's bastards stopping me from doing it is the problem.

But if you'd written down what it was called, you wouldn't have needed to remember it. Or blog/twitter/post about it.

I'm useless at remembering stuff, so I write it all down. That way my mind is free to think rather than remember...

HairyArsedBloke
19th October 2009, 15:40
But if you'd written down what it was called, you wouldn't have needed to remember it. Or blog/twitter/post about it.

I'm useless at remembering stuff, so I write it all down. That way my mind is free to think rather than remember...

If only ........

I should bloody pull my finger out and get this business back together so I can stick to analysis and trading, and hire someone to do all the techie bits and bobs that I am clearly rubbish at these days.

MPwannadecentincome
19th October 2009, 19:33

BTW, found my prog - in HAB Inc \ Tests and was called ConsoleApplication1

What sort of idiot would do call a program a thing like that? :spank: :suicide:

sack him/her

MPwannadecentincome
19th October 2009, 19:34
If only ........

I should bloody pull my finger out and get this business back together so I can stick to analysis and trading, and hire someone to do all the techie bits and bobs that I am clearly rubbish at these days.

do it now while there are lots of people available to recruit and while your shirt is clean :laugh