• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any Paddies out there

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Paddies out there

what exactly does

skiddley aye dum diddle aye day

mean ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

EO, I must say you do crack me up. But maybe it just hits a nerve with the silly side of my humour.

No I don't know, but I know loads of paddies (imported to build spaghetti juntion and stayed) and will make a point of asking them.

Comment

I've no idea, and I not Irish, so I don't know.

Funnily enough, I'd had a song lyric going round my head all day today, and I cannot thing of the song or artiste.

Lead : And a Hi Di Hi Di Hi
      Choir : (And a Hi Di Hi Di Di)
      Lead : And a Hi Di Hi Di Ho
      Choir : (And a Hi Di Hi Di Ho)

And no, it's not the TV Hi Di Hi show.
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
        EO, I must say you do crack me up. But maybe it just hits a nerve with the silly side of my humour.

No I don't know, but I know loads of paddies (imported to build spaghetti juntion and stayed) and will make a point of asking them.
        you see. it might be silly humour but.....

I know what I am going to be doing in 25 years ......

so I will never be persuaded to be serious

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          you see. it might be silly humour but.....

I know what I am going to be doing in 25 years ......

so I will never be persuaded to be serious

Please keep it up.

What will you be doing in 25 years?

Comment

consult your dictionary, it's probably summat made up by you Engerlish folks that we "paddies" supposedly use

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Sounds like something a folk group might sing.

Truck on to Car
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

top o' the morning begorrah ye scared the bejazus oyt ome aye stickin oyt

Comment

Originally posted by Fishface View Post
                  top o' the morning begorrah ye scared the bejazus oyt ome aye stickin oyt
                  You'll be sorry...

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
                    Please keep it up.

What will you be doing in 25 years?
                    i'll be dead

forgotten

mouldy.

sheet - i'll be sasguru

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)