• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London City Mum Blog

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London City Mum Blog

Her situation sounds all too familiar. Wonder if she frequents this forum?

http://londonmum.standard.co.uk/2009...C3%A0-vu-.html
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

It's not just us then, obviously.

Trout on Crack
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Why in the world would any non-journalist piggy back their blog on to a national paper?!

More readership from the start I guess; but it feels like selling your soul when one can so easily set up an independent blog.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Why in the world would any non-journalist piggy back their blog on to a national paper?!

More readership from the start I guess; but it feels like selling your soul when one can so easily set up an independent blog.
        Mmmmmmmm. Maybe I could syndicate my Twitter stream to the Standard.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Hey, you can post comments on the blog, coooool!

Comment

She must be s**t or have common skills if she gets turned down so much
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Talking of which, what was the ending of that BBC debt lady who was blogging on there?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Hey, you can post comments on the blog, coooool!
                If that first comment was yours - shame on you
                She should have been doing the ironing.
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                  Her situation sounds all too familiar. Wonder if she frequents this forum?

http://londonmum.standard.co.uk/2009...C3%A0-vu-.html
                  It is ****

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    If that first comment was yours - shame on you
                    She should have been doing the ironing.
                    Would I post a comment like that?

Comment

Working...
                    X