• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Collaboration - Ideas/Suggestions?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collaboration - Ideas/Suggestions?

Any ideas on what might be a decent way of setting something up so that a small group of about a dozen people could collaborate with ideas/suggestions/comments/questions.

The purpose is to allow a group of event organisers to avoid having meeting after meeting to organise their event. For example, someone might post their proposal and invite comments and suggestions.

I wondered if a blog might do the trick - anyone used a blog for this or similar purpose? It'd need to be kept private (authorised users only).

Or perhaps an off-the-shelf forum package.

Wordpress seems an obvious choice for a blog. How easy is this to setup?

The main requirement for this system, whatever it is, would be to browser accessible as the users do not sit on the same LAN. And free. So something like Lotus Notes team-rooms wouldn't be suitable.

Your ideas/suggestions/comments/questions welcome !

Sounds more like a wiki kind of thing.

Comment

google wave?

Comment

Wouldn't forum software do the trick?

There's a free one here with plenty of add-ons as required.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
          google wave?

oooooh !

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Wouldn't forum software do the trick?

There's a free one here with plenty of add-ons as required.
            I agree. Good old PHPBB is pretty easy and works well enough too.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Basecamp is good.

Comment

Thanks all, inspired by Mal I've set up a Wordpress blog for now. I'll see how that goes.

P.S. Setting up a Wordpress blog really does take just a few minutes

Comment

Working...
                X