• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How big is yours?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How big is yours?

Link

42" me. I think that's about the max acceptable size before tiptoeing into chav territory.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Only 19", but that's pretty big if you sit close enough to the TV.

Comment

What a fatuous article.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Sounds a lot like envy to me

It's not unusual for a home to have a 50in set these days, which creates space issues as the average size of a UK living room has stayed roughly the same.
        Of course for those of us in properties who enjoy 'above average sized living rooms" 50" is by no means over the top
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Seeing as a 21" 1080P TV has the same resolution as a 60" 1080P why not just save your money and sit 2ft away?
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

We still use a 32" CRT for our main TV that I bought second hand for £40 about ten years ago.

Comment

20" CRT - 4 channels - don't really watch much, it drains life.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                Sounds a lot like envy to me

Of course for those of us in properties who enjoy 'above average sized living rooms" 50" is by no means over the top
                Just how big does the screen have to be for you not to miss the subtle nuances of Jeremy Kyle then Troll?
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

22" in the living room, discretely next to the chimney. 100" plasma in the home cinema room, of course.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Just how big does the screen have to be for you not to miss the subtle nuances of Jeremy Kyle then Troll?
                    Quite big because those studio lights play havoc with your sight when on set.

Comment

Working...
                    X