• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Great new public sector website

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great new public sector website

http://maps.police.uk/

According to BBC it uses police data to show crime levels on a map.

Looks like someones pinched it.

Nice.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

It's meant to do that.

There is no crime in this country. Vote for Gordon. He's saved the world and wiped out crime.

Comment

ain't working

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
          ain't working
          But it cost the taxpayer £400bn to develop in India. Probably.

http://www.webuser.co.uk/news/top-st...shes-at-launch
          Last edited by DimPrawn; 20 October 2009, 09:46.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            But it cost the taxpayer £400bn to develop in India. Probably.
            Been in the police a few times, it will have been developed by a mixture of inexperienced graduates, 50 year olds who think everything should still be COBOL, people who just want to sit on a seat until their pension comes through and the occasional contractor who just tries to keep quiet so he can get his next invoice.

Comment

It's working now, albeit very slowly.

Due to very high popularity users may experience temporary intermittent issues accessing this site.
              The issues are being worked on and will be resolved as soon as possible.
              Pale grey text on an off-white background. Nice.

I put my post code in and it came up with the wrong county. It was about 60 miles out.

BTW "CrimeMapper was developed by Rock Kitchen Harris, http://www.rkh.co.uk/" so you might want to go and tear that to pieces too. [ edit: visit that site to see why you should NOT blog on your LtdCo site ]

I would go on but it is too slow to be bearable.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Slow and I get lots of JS errors in IE8.

Comment

i guess we don't have any crime up here

Comment

For the curious it shows cities and towns chock full of crime and empty bits of countryside relatively crime free.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X