• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brown - 50 days left to save the world..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown - 50 days left to save the world..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8313672.stm

What a political gimmick to attract green votes.

Shouldnt Labour have done more about this in the last 12 years they have been in power?

It is a green issue. A green light for massive taxation on energy consumption.

Comment

Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
      Shouldn't Labour have done more about this in the last 12 years they have been in power?
      They did. They have given £2,000 x lots to German & French & Japanese car manufacturers to manufacture new cars so we can throw some old ones away.

Did you know far more oil is used in the manufacture of the car than it will burn in its life (e.g. as petrol and lubricants)?

That is, replacing an old banger that does 30 mpg with a whizzy new 4WD (that does 20 mpg - oops) does not save energy?

Oops. Never mind that example.

Look what they've done for the British wind farm industry. Oh yeah, they let it close down (then gave money to a Californian firm instead).

Oh yeah - nuclear power! Look what they've done to research how to make it safer and cleaner: they, err, privatised it.

Hmm. There must be something. Give me time...

Oh yeah. Those poxy new useless lightbulbs.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Oh yeah - nuclear power! Look what they've done to research how to make it safer and cleaner: they, err, privatised it.
        Better than that. First they effectively closed down the UK nuclear development/design/construction industry after Sizewell B was built. Then they sold it (British Energy) to the French (EDF) and also sold Westinghouse (ex-BNFL) to the Japanese (Toshiba). They now want to sell off their 30% share of Urenco (Uranium enrichment, ex-BNFL) too.

Seriously, you couldn't make it up.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

to top it off they even wait for us to be in the middle of a deep recession, then sell off assets at deflated prices - you;d think brown would have learnt from when he sold off all our gold bullion!!

Comment

Nevertheless, those figures are pretty impressive. Only 50 days to save the entire world when it has taken him over 12 years to sh@g the UK, and he STILL hasn't quite finished.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

50 days to save the world. Poor world! I don't rate it's chances with brown caring for it. What's Mars like?
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
              X