• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving the Queen out of the way

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving the Queen out of the way

Is anyone here looking forward to seeing Charles (or will it be George?) become King? I know I am. Beats having President Beckham any day of the week.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Skip Charles because he is a clown, go straight to William....IMHO
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
      Not normally how this hereditary business works, though. You're stuck with the rightful heir. Until he kicks the bucket, obviously.
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
        Is anyone here looking forward to seeing Charles (or will it be George?) become King? I know I am. Beats having President Beckham any day of the week.
        Anyone who wants to be "defender of the faiths" rather than "defender of the faith" is not suitable to be King.

Let alone his talking to plants. "and what do you do for a living"?. "oh you are a tomato plant". "have you been doing that long?".

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Anyone who wants to be "defender of the faiths" rather than "defender of the faith" is not suitable to be King.

Let alone his talking to plants. "and what do you do for a living"?. "oh you are a tomato plant". "have you been doing that long?".
          It's not a popularity contest. Maybe you've been watching too much Pop Idol. Charles is the rightful heir and will become King.

Comment

Not if Simon Cowell is master of the coronation.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Not if Simon Cowell is master of the coronation.
              I think we should run it by Mandelson - the real power in the land!

Comment

It's not a popularity contest. Maybe you've been watching too much Pop Idol. Charles is the rightful heir and will become King.
                I wasn't suggesting popularity. I just once someone more sane than George III

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
                  Not normally how this hereditary business works, though.
                  Unless Billy is knighted, of course. Then he can step sideways and jump forward two over the supposed King and take the Queen's place.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I think we should run it by Mandelson - the real power in the land!
                    http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/i...sonEmperor.jpg

Comment

Working...
                    X