• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear. Liverpool lose again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear. Liverpool lose again

That's four in a row.

Without Gerrard carrying them over the past five years they would have been ordinary. They've got no chance against Man Yoo at the weekend unless he's back.

No wonder he rarely plays well for England - he's knackered.

One lucky CL final win gave some gloss to an otherwise ordinary Liverpool over the last ten years. Still a bit early to say how they will fare this season but the title looks very unlikely.
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
      the title looks very unlikely.
      NSS

HTH

Comment

Maybe it was the giant invisible nudists again?
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

No wonder he rarely plays well for England - he's knackered.
          Originally posted by swamp View Post
          One lucky CL final win gave some gloss to an otherwise ordinary Liverpool over the last ten years. Still a bit early to say how they will fare this season but the title looks very unlikely.
          Fair point - SG is knackered, but should he have played for England last week knowing the situation Liverpool are in ?

Agreed the CL win on 05 was a touch lucky, but reaching the final in 07, various semi's, FA Cup win, Carling cup Semi, finishing twice in the league.
          That's not luck.

After 5 years at the club RB should have more than 1 prolific goal scorer - Torrres.

Then again we stuffed Man U last year without SG and FT.

Comment

I am no Liverpool fan, but the 05 champy win was one of the best games I've ever seen!

To put it down to luck is a bit harsh!

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              Fair point - SG is knackered, but should he have played for England last week knowing the situation Liverpool are in ?:
              Why? So if United were in the same boat you'd not be too bothered if they pulled Rooney from the England squad. The anybody but Man U lot would be up in arms about that one.

Agreed the CL win on 05 was a touch lucky, but reaching the final in 07, various semi's, FA Cup win, Carling cup Semi, finishing twice in the league.
              That's not luck.:
              That isn't much for the money the fat waiter has spent over the years. All teams finish in the league! I presume you mean finish second. The trouble is, before RB lost it last year Liverpool were running away with it. It's his purchases and tactics that are at fault. Liverpool are too relient on 2 players and RB was too thick to realise how much Alonso did before allowing him to go to Madrid and without having a replacement - one that's fit at least! His substitution last night to take off their only goal threat was an odd one to say the least!

After 5 years at the club RB should have more than 1 prolific goal scorer - Torrres.
              I agree but whoose fault is that? He's bought plenty of players who are pretty average. Wasn't Dirk Kuyt supposed to be full of goals before he got there? then there is the whole Robbie Keane fiasco. He would be an ideal player to have now, somebody who could dig deep rather than the lightweight attacking options Liverpool have when Torres and Gerrard are not available. Also, since Torres arrived at Liverpool, one thing everybody knows is that while he will get goals, he will have plenty of time off.

Given the attacking options at Liverpools disposal, the free transfer United plumped for in Owen looks a good move. It's a shame for Liverpool that the Fat Waiter couldn't see that. I suppose he could try and sign the beach ball in the Jan transfer window.

Then again we stuffed Man U last year without SG and FT.
              2-1 was not a stuffing! Torres and Gerrard played in the 4-1 win and if I recall, Gerrard started in the 2-1. Xabi Alonso played in both didn't he? The second goal was an own goal when Van der Saar palmed the ball onto brown and it was Liverpools first win over United that RB had managed in his 5 years there. Yes they beat us well in the 4-1 game

I fully expect Liverpool to be well up for the game on Sunday, if only to keep RB in a job. You have Gillet touting the team for sale and at this moment they are heading the wrong way down the league and possibly not getting out of the group stages of the CL. It doesn't do much for the price when the team is imploading. I;d say if they lose against Man U, at Anfield, there will be a new face waiting tables.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

In the pub last night in Manchester, waiting for the quiz and the boys were watching the match. Oh how they cheered

I had to sit there and keep me gob shut whilst they were hurling abuse at 'the scouse cnts'

Cmon Mancunian thugs, be fair, we are not all cnts, some of us are refined, educated , sophisticated Evertonians.

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  refined, educated , sophisticated Evertonians.

Is that not verging on the Oxymoronic EO??
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    That's four in a row.
                    Look on the bright side, you could be a Hun this morning!! Losing 4-1 to a pub team!!
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X