• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed! Another 10 million to the UK's population

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed! Another 10 million to the UK's population

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8318010.stm
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

It`s only a boom if it`s followed by a bust.
    Depressing isn`t it. As if this cra*hole isn`t already an overpopulated hell hole.

Must think positive thoughts....positive thoughts.....positive thoughs.

At least there will be more people to buy stuff and purchase homes therefore improving the economy
    Last edited by SuperZ; 21 October 2009, 12:50.

Comment

Just over two-thirds of the increase is likely to be related directly or indirectly to migration to the UK.

Demographics, dear boy, demographics.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Millions more on the roads or in the schools, packed into trains, and forcing us to build more homes over our diminishing countryside.

Comment

its good for the house prices
          Boomed

Comment

10m+ Mmmm, can't think what's caused that then.

Comment

Let's not forget David "I see no limit on the number of immigrants who should be allowed into the UK" Blunkett.

and I don't recall any of his colleagues or any Labour MP challenging those words when he spoke them as Home Secretary (I think) abour five years ago.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I'm sure about a month ago I heard something on the Beeb world service about the government wanting to restrict an increase in the population to a "manageable" 70M. Don't know the whys or wherefors as didn't hear the whole article.

But then they did get their estimates about migrants from Eastern Europe horribly wrong by a factor of 10(?). Can't recall exactly but it was a vast underestimate.

Comment

Originally posted by NoddY View Post
                  10m+ Mmmm, can't think what's caused that then.
                  I believe it's all the retired expats who can't survive on their pension at current exchange rates.
                  Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Let's not forget David "I see no limit on the number of immigrants who should be allowed into the UK" Blunkett.

and I don't recall any of his colleagues or any Labour MP challenging those words when he spoke them as Home Secretary (I think) abour five years ago.
                    Obviously.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X