• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good Golly

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Golly

Not meaning to offend anyone here, just reporting.

I found a shop in Darwin Australia called Alfreds, selling hardware and novelty items, right next to an Optomotrists. Naturally I thought of Alf and I got a piccie for the album.
    So I goes over to look in the window, and just above the pizza cutter is a golliwog doll with a sign 'come inside and meet the rest of the the golly family'

the missus wouldn't let me

what have you got to say for yourself Alf ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Fortunately not everyone subscribes to this PC nonsense by assuming offence where none is intended. The museum shop in Battle sells gollywog stuff too. Part of history.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

...Miss Molly, sure like to ball - Little Richard

Comment

Golliwogs now dropped from new Noddy story

It is the first official new book to be written in more than 45 years.

But when Noddy returns to Toyland, he will be missing one of his best-known friends.
        Author Sophie Smallwood, Enid Blyton’s granddaughter, has decided to banish golliwogs from the new tale in a bid to avoid controversy.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz0UZtSQjJK
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Sounds rather apartheidist...
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Sounds rather apartheidist...
            Apparently all the Golliwogs will reside in Townships in the remoter reaches of Toyland. PC Plod and his mates will make occasional visits to the Townships, armed with batons and tear-gas to make sure that everything is in order.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
            X