• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Addicted to Money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Addicted to Money

Currently in Ireland, I have been watching a three part series "Addicted to Money" on rte.ie (available on iplayer)

The main point was there was only enough oil at current usage to last 30 years.

Current population growth will change that time line, but we are currently at the end of cheap oil.

The other point, we use oil to produce food. With more expensive oil comes more expensive food.

He also drew parallels with Easter Island and the Mien of South America.
    When they used up all their resources they started to eat each other

How long before we become cannibals’
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post

That fat bloke in Ipswich will boil up nice and feed a few

Comment

I'd make a decent sized spit roast, so feel free if you're so inclined. Have you ever eaten moose before?

Comment

Currently in Ireland, I have been watching a three part series "Addicted to Money" on rte.ie (available on iplayer)

The main point was there was only enough oil at current usage to last 30 years.

Current population growth will change that time line, but we are currently at the end of cheap oil.

The other point, we use oil to produce food. With more expensive oil comes more expensive food.

I have recently read the book, it is called something like "The coming collapse, How to thrive when oil is 200$ a barrel."

I found it flawed as it was published in 2007 and relied on the premise that there was to be no recession and real estate collapse - he explicitly writes that. But it had good parts.
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Currently in Irel[/B]
          Penance.... I hear ya....

We've been discussing Christmas... If I can go away without getting discommunicated from the family then I'm off!!!
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Yip, but none of these theories account for new inventions etc. IE what if nuclear fusion was harnessed next week? All change …
            Why do we all worry about what’s going to happen in the next 100 years? History has shown, we always predicted it wrong… shame as that is, cos as a teenager in the 80s glued to Tomorrows World I was really looking forward to driving my Hover Moped across the skies of London in 2001 ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
              Yip, but none of these theories account for new inventions etc. IE what if nuclear fusion was harnessed next week? All change …
              Why do we all worry about what’s going to happen in the next 100 years? History has shown, we always predicted it wrong… shame as that is, cos as a teenager in the 80s glued to Tomorrows World I was really looking forward to driving my Hover Moped across the skies of London in 2001 ;-)
              He interview some engery guys in China, they are currently building 200 nuclear power station

The problem is not 100 years away, it's less than 30 years.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                I'd make a decent sized spit roast, so feel free if you're so inclined. Have you ever eaten moose before?
                Does it taste like chicken
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                  Have you ever eaten moose before?
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Does it taste like chicken
                    I think it tastes like snake. Actually, so does chicken.

Comment

Working...
                    X