• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public must learn to 'tolerate the inequality' of bonuses, says Goldman Sachs vice-ch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public must learn to 'tolerate the inequality' of bonuses, says Goldman Sachs vice-ch

Controversial
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

That's a hilarious article. This berk says that paying a load of gits a fortune is a longer term investment in prosperity for us all - yeah right.

Apparently, if we moan we're being short termist. But these big bonuses are being paid to people who make the maximum gains in the shortest possible time, they aren't being rewarded for longer-term investment at all.

I'm always suspicious of people who threaten that they'll all piss off to Switzerland. If you're serious about being here, stay, but don't keep threatening to go - how long would you last at Tescos if you were a checkout operator threatening to go to Co-op for an extra 10p an hour?

Phil Collins carried this threat out, and are we really the poorer without him?

Comment

If you pay me £50M bonus I promise to spend it all, benefiting all of society.

Only fair I think.
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

I've lost track. Is it their or tax payers money these bonuses are being paid from?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          I've lost track. Is it their or tax payers money these bonuses are being paid from?
          It became their money as soon as taxpayers paid them in.

HTH

Comment

The bankers invented the money, so it was their all along.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I work in an IB : but I cant understand why retailo/investment are not split?

And make banks to be small enough so they can fail........

Comment

All you need to know is that they have robbed you of your future.

Comment

Well I hope they at least send us postcards of them enjoying themselves with the loot.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    Well I hope they at least send us postcards of them enjoying themselves with the loot.
                    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mJmwQtPmus...00/bankers.jpg

Wish you were here?
                    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
                    X