• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I*M Portsmouth - B&Bs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I*M Portsmouth - B&Bs

Just got a new gig working for I*M in Portsmouth, office is at North Harbour. Anybody worked there and do they have any good B&Bs/Hotels etc to recommend?
    Just sliding through ..........

Good luck. I worked there some years ago, bit of a tulip hole it is. The town can be full of single mothers on certain days - try to find one to shack up with, it`ll be cheaper than a B&B and just as nasty

Comment

Portsmouth is the only place I've been where even the women are ultraviolent.
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

LOL - Now thats an idea

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
        Good luck. I worked there some years ago, bit of a tulip hole it is. The town can be full of single mothers on certain days - try to find one to shack up with, it`ll be cheaper than a B&B and just as nasty
        Yup, but can I claim one as a business expense?

Comment

Originally posted by MB99 View Post
          Just got a new gig working for I*M in Portsmouth, office is at North Harbour. Anybody worked there and do they have any good B&Bs/Hotels etc to recommend?
          Rent in Winchester only a 30 minute commute.

Fox & hounds near Swanick is nice this time of year if your feeling peckish...
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Rent in Winchester only a 30 minute commute.

Fox & hounds near Swanick is nice this time of year if your feeling peckish...
            Yep Winchester is the pick of the places to live round there (and I live there). Plenty of nice pubs there too.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Time from office to Portsmouth?

Anybody know the time/distance from the I*M office to centre of Portsmouth?

Comment

Anybody know the time/distance from the I*M office to centre of Portsmouth?
                Sub 5 miles, and depends on the time of day.

Comment

Take out some extra life insurance. Portsmouth = Knife City
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

There is no reason to stay in Portsmouth itself and I would look further away if I were you.

I was a little bit upset when the Tricorn Centre was demolished. It should have been kept as an example of how not to build a shopping centre.

Comment

Working...
                    X