• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EDS Pay Hourly ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EDS Pay Hourly ?

Does anyone know if EDS only pay hourly rates ? Thats what I was told by an agency (Spring). The reason I was asking was that the rate isnt that good but the agent's spin on it was that everyone does more than the 7.5 standard hours and so this would increase my daily income.

well if that's what they say and that's what's in the contract and at the interview they confirm they will pay every hour you work why would you need to ask anyone on a chat site ?

Milan.

Comment

i've only heard about the job yesterday and so havent been to an interview or signed the contract. the reason i was asking was to see if the EDS only do hourly rates is something the agent made up to disguise a low daily rate or if it EDS's standard practice ?

Originally posted by milanbenes
      well if that's what they say and that's what's in the contract and at the interview they confirm they will pay every hour you work why would you need to ask anyone on a chat site ?

Milan.

Comment

well, that's down to your negotiation skills

what is the technology area, how much competition are you up against, how much demand is there for your skills

if the agent is offering less than market then he won't find anyone will he ?

day rates, hourly rates, doesn't matter as long as you are happy with the total

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Arun V
          i've only heard about the job yesterday and so havent been to an interview or signed the contract. the reason i was asking was to see if the EDS only do hourly rates is something the agent made up to disguise a low daily rate or if it EDS's standard practice ?
          Arun, you are asking sensible questions to our local bot. Do not expect any reasonable reply but just the fair output combinations milanbot was prepared to answer.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

aye Franko,

and what other answer would you like ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
              aye Franko,

and what other answer would you like ?

Milan.
              Making progresses. AtW must have been working hard lately.
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

sounds right

Originally posted by Arun V
                Does anyone know if EDS only pay hourly rates ? Thats what I was told by an agency (Spring). The reason I was asking was that the rate isnt that good but the agent's spin on it was that everyone does more than the 7.5 standard hours and so this would increase my daily income.
                I got offered a gig with EDS back in 2001 with the same story.
                The agent said the rate was below market, but there was sufficient overtime to make it up to a decnt rate.
                I turned it down as I believe overtime should improve a reasonable rate, not make a poor rate acceptable.
                Boom boom boom boom
                A-haw haw haw haw
                Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
                Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

EDS Hourly Gravy train

I was there back in 2002 and they do pay hourly, at the time I was a permy but I worked with 99% contractors who did 50/60 hour weeks to make the poor hourly rate worthwhile.
                  whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Looks like the what the agent said was the way EDS works.

Originally posted by HankWangford
                    I was there back in 2002 and they do pay hourly, at the time I was a permy but I worked with 99% contractors who did 50/60 hour weeks to make the poor hourly rate worthwhile.

Comment

Working...
                    X