• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple mac snob type people.........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple mac snob type people.........

Not sure what I'm missing here but what exactly is there to be so smug about being a Mac user?

Is it the cool factor, or the standing up to the evil Microsoft factor, or just the luvvy creative factor or what?

And why do these people just because they choose Mac feel that they have to somehow try and lord it over people that don't? What exactly have they achieved by buying a certain brand of computer?

And why when they clearly don't know the first flipping thing about computers - do they have to be insistant that Macs are so much 'better'..

They're like the dope smoking hippies sititng around on state benefits prattling on about how evil the 'system' is...

Mac people what is to be done with them?!
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Not sure what I'm missing here but what exactly is there to be so smug about being a Mac user?

Is it the cool factor, or the standing up to the evil Microsoft factor, or just the luvvy creative factor or what?

And why do these people just because they choose Mac feel that they have to somehow try and lord it over people that don't? What exactly have they achieved by buying a certain brand of computer?

And why when they clearly don't know the first flipping thing about computers - do they have to be insistant that Macs are so much 'better'..

They're like the dope smoking hippies sititng around on state benefits prattling on about how evil the 'system' is...

Mac people what is to be done with them?!
    They are all shirt lifters. Up hill gardeners the lot of 'em.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

This is a wind up isn't it?

Comment

They are trying to justify to themselves why they've spent £2000 on a computer that doesn't do much of any use apart from try and look like a gay icon.

Comment

I think it is something with having paid more for their computer. Having paid more means they have to justify them being taken in by Apple to other people. Am happy with my PC, does all that I need. I may be the fat, balding guy in the corduroy suit in the Apple ads but I am comfortable with that and it means I have several thousand quid more in my pocket than the person who has being a mac user for the last 10 years or so.
          my ferret is your ferret

Comment

What is it with people who think all mac users are snobs?

They are nice shiny things. All proper men like shiny gadgets therefore if you don't like them you are queer.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Apple has Fans
              Windows has Users

And somehow apple fans think that by making Steve Jobs (and the Apple shareholders) richer they are some how being counter culture and against the corporate machine that is Microsoft
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                And somehow apple fans think that by making Steve Jobs (and the Apple shareholders) richer they are some how being counter culture and against the corporate machine that is Microsoft
                Indeed. Microsoft have never done anything as bad or as anti-competitive as Apple do every single day. Look at the issue of Flash on the iPhone. Jobs won't allow it because then independent software vendors could distribute software without giving him his cut.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I used to think like that, but it's not snobbery, there really is a whole nother level of quality.

Mine spends most of it's time looking for aliens, or climate modeling, when it's not co-opted in as part of the cluster for some job for a customer.

Good few have and use accounts on it, yet it's not needed a reboot since the last time it asked for a reboot due to an OS update.

8 cores, 32 GB ram, 4 TB disk, as the yanks say: there is no substitute for cubic inches.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

They are a triumph of style over substance and I'd have one tomorrow if my accountant would let me.

Comment

Working...
                    X