• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Immigration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Immigration

These most recent projections of where the UK's poplation will be in 20 years' time (70million) are quite shocking but not entirely surprising.

The thing that interests me is the rationale behind our seemingly insane immigration policy. As a descendant of recent immigrants from Eastern Europe I am familiar with the politics of subversion and the way they are used to totally destroy an established society. For instance in Hungary during the revolution of late 50s the Soviets would use racial politics to set the Chinese community against the indigenous population & hence get them on side.

Now, I would never have thought that such things could ever happen in the country that my family have always regarded as a beacon of fairness and liberty but I can see no other reason for such a huge influx of (often) unskilled migrants putting such a huge strain on our resources. There's the argument that they are contributing to our economy but that was unanimously debunked by the Economic Affairs Committee of the House of Lords last year.

So what's their game? Is it really that the government just hate white middle England and want to turn the UK into some utopian rainbow nation? Maybe it's all driven by global economics and the mirants are just fodder for the big corporations? Or maybe I'm having paranoid delusions, though I don't think so - there's definitely intention behind the apparent chaos. Please discuss.

Time to emigrate me thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Where are your top 3 emigration choices?

Comment

Originally posted by cupidstunt View Post
        England,Scotland and wales
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by cupidstunt View Post
          To be honest I'd give anywhere reasonable a go. I like Mediterranean climates so France, Portugal, Spain, California would be on my list.

However, at the moment I'd settle for escaping Swindon first.

Comment

Exactly what Sasguru just said on another thread. Off you toddle then and good luck!

Comment

How many more trolls can this site handle?
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                How many more trolls can this site handle?
                I'm not a troll. Sure the topic's been done before but it's topical again with the release of yesterday's figures. 70 million by 2020 with the bulk of the increase in the South East. There's not enough room and it's simply not good enough to be told to budge up and get on with it.

Comment

Originally posted by bekarovka View Post
                  I'm not a troll. Sure the topic's been done before but it's topical again with the release of yesterday's figures. 70 million by 2020 with the bulk of the increase in the South East. There's not enough room and it's simply not good enough to be told to budge up and get on with it.
                  Well move up north then..plenty of space up here.
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Which would make you an immigrant somewhere else.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X