• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stacking Shelves at Tesco's

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stacking Shelves at Tesco's

....is not an option in the future.

Tesco's pioneers automated shops

...in the future it looks like shelves we'll be stacked via automated machinery operated from an offshore location.

but just think of the potential, if shops can be unmanned, basically so can everything else.
    I'm alright Jack

Yeps, they'll only need revenue protection staff, and they won't be allowed to chase you.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

A lot of workers never recovered when they phased out those pricing machines with barcodes.
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Mmmmm. With RFID in people (or at least their ID cards) and attached to all products they won’t need any check outs. Just pick up what you want and walk out the store. The system will identify you and all that you are carrying and then charge your debit/credit card. If it can’t identify you then it will alert the stores private police force to detain you and beat you to a pulp for being a terrorist.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I hate them self service tills. If I'm using them I'm saving the shop money so I want something knocked off the price.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            ....is not an option in the future.

Tesco's pioneers automated shops

...in the future it looks like shelves we'll be stacked via automated machinery operated from an offshore location.

but just think of the potential, if shops can be unmanned, basically so can everything else.
            Well there goes my plan B.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              I hate them self service tills. If I'm using them I'm saving the shop money so I want something knocked off the price.
              They are also a complete PITA if you've got a trolley. Can't see this happening in big stores until RFID is in everything (by which time I will hopefully be a subsistence farmer on an island somewhere).
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                They are also a complete PITA if you've got a trolley. Can't see this happening in big stores until RFID is in everything (by which time I will hopefully be a subsistence farmer on an island somewhere).
                Ahhh RFID - it was all the buzz a few years back...what's happend to it?

Yeah I only use those self serve ones when I've got a couple of things and the queues on the manned tills are looooong.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Stores will loose money. Whats stopping you from buying something expensive and select something cheap on the screen. e.g. buy tomtato and pay for potatos.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                    Stores will loose money. Whats stopping you from buying something expensive and select something cheap on the screen. e.g. buy tomtato and pay for potatos.
                    with the markups they add on to everything they sell they will still be making more of a profit by not having to employ a checkout operator
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X