• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When the money runs out....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the money runs out....

Been on the bench for 8 months now and not long to go before I'm out of dosh and have to start doing juggling act with credit cards.

Anyone know for how long I can get into arrears on my mortgage before they start taking steps to recover the property? I know it varies from lender to lender but I'm single, no kids , living with girlfriend and have about 150k equity in the property.

Was going to talk to citizen's advice but just can't get through - a sure sign of the times!

Go interest only for 12 months, I pay £150 on a 90k mortgage.

This will all be over by November and I'll be earning gazillions.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Go out blagging.

The prisons are full - they'll let you off.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

have you got an old car ?
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Get a job shelf stacking at Tescos...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            WHS.

When push comes to shove it's any port in a storm.

Etc.

I fixed fruit machines for 10 interminable months at £6/hr.
            Can a technician rig those things or are they far too clever for that?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              I fixed fruit machines for 10 interminable months at £6/hr.
              Wasn't in Retford was it?
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

What they said and
                sell everything you own on Ebay...
                release some equity on your house...
                go permie

>start doing juggling act with credit cards.
                Don't consider that as an option.

Comment

Originally posted by krytonsheep View Post
                  release some equity on your house...
                  But surely thats just another loan that I'll have to pay off every month with money I don't have isn't it? Just like juggling the credit cards but maybe with a lower interest rate.

Comment

Cut down on your spending.

Cancel all subscriptions (e.g. Sky), insurances (other than life and house), trade down to a cheap car or no car at all, get cheaper broadband, shop at Lidl and Iceland.

Delay the doom.

Comment

Working...
                    X