• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear ...

It seems some of our more vocal Iraq war supporters are unaware of the complicated politics going on there. Newsweek (hardly a hotbed of conspiracy theories) recently reported that Iran may want the US to stay in Iraq for the short term. Meanwhile they're infiltrating their own forces into the so-called independent, democratic security forces who are supposed to provide stability when the Americans leave and enhancing their dominance of the region.

I ask said supporters of the Iraq war. What has it achieved or will it achieve? The only thing I can I can think, is that it will maybe stop Arab regimes from funding terror directly from the state apparatus. However they don't need to. They can just provide the cash to Al Qaeda.

The Iraq war has been the most disastrous foreign policy decision since Munich.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru
    I ask said supporters of the Iraq war. What has it achieved or will it achieve?
    Blair's legacy. Saddam Hussein was his Adolf Hilter or General Galtieri.

Comment

Disastrous? Are you having a laugh?

- oil secured
      - Iraq about to have some sort of democracy (so far as Muslims can be democratic - not much)
      - Saddam's gone

From where I am looking, success all round. OK, a few deaths, but hey, it was a war. Compared to most other wars, there hasn't been that many dead.

People are protesting, but they can't see that what they are protesting against are little technicalities.

No WMD? Big deal - we wanted to remove a tyrant
      Army suffers casualties? Sad, OK, but they are soldiers.

Rebecca in Devils Advocate mode
      Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
        Disastrous? Are you having a laugh?
        Yes Rebecca. It's been an amazing success in every way. We should make it a yearly thing really shouldn't we? Perhaps we could draw country names out of a hat and choose the next target that way? The locals in iraq certainly seemed to appreciate the nightly fireworks displays didnt they? Bless.

Comment

Mmmm. Oh what a lovely war ....
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by ALM
            Yes Rebecca. It's been an amazing success in every way. We should make it a yearly thing really shouldn't we? Perhaps we could draw country names out of a hat and choose the next target that way? The locals in iraq certainly seemed to appreciate the nightly fireworks displays didnt they? Bless.
            Yearly, oh I think we do ... what is the point of having all these whizzy weapons if you don't use them ? So a few hundred thousand people die - they are barely educated foreigners. We have enough of them doing IT work already. Women and children ... well a child is a potential terrorist, and a woman, well she could spawn hundreds.

Comment

Damn, and I had you down as an idiot

Originally posted by Jabberwocky
              Yearly, oh I think we do ... what is the point of having all these whizzy weapons if you don't use them ? So a few hundred thousand people die - they are barely educated foreigners. We have enough of them doing IT work already. Women and children ... well a child is a potential terrorist, and a woman, well she could spawn hundreds.
              The Kitten likes you JibberJabber, you could easily fulfil a role in His Plan.
              Have you considered letting The Kitten into your life (or at least into your larder)?
              Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
                The Kitten likes you JibberJabber, you could easily fulfil a role in His Plan.
                Have you considered letting The Kitten into your life (or at least into your larder)?
                The Jabber lives by the taste of the bayonet, the sound of fire and gunpowder, and the smell of a woman's sachet.

Comment

Working...
                X