• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Payment to Companies House for Annual Return

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payment to Companies House for Annual Return

I've got my annual return filled in and intend to send it into Companies House in Cardiff. The return states "make a cheque payable to "Companies House" for £30."

Question: So they know its you making payment do you just write your Company No. and Company name on the back of the cheque or is there some other hidden reference no. that they need ?

Pay online and save money (£15 I think)...

Comment

Too late for online now got no time to do it. Just wan't to post the return manually with a cheque, now anyone done this before ? do you just write your Company Name/No. on the back of the cheque and hope for the best ? or some other info on there ?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        WHS.

Especially since the Postal strike has just kicked off. Sign up and do it online, it will be quicker and chaper.

Alternatively you could make use of this new fangled telephony thing and you know, actually ring them and ask.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          WHS.

Especially since the Postal strike has just kicked off. Sign up and do it online, it will be quicker and chaper.

Alternatively you could make use of this new fangled telephony thing and you know, actually ring them and ask.
          If you aren't already signed up, it takes ages as they have to send an activation code to your reg office (IIRC).
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            If you aren't already signed up, it takes ages as they have to send an activation code to your reg office (IIRC).
            Authorisation codes normally come through in about 2-3 working days. Not so sure how the postmen's long weekend will affect that.

Unless you're at the stage where CH are threatening to make it a criminal matter, its not too late. There's not a fine attached to late filing so I wouldn't be too concerned.

You might already have had the auth code issued. Ask your accountant if he filed your accounts online. To do this he'd need the code.

Comment

Originally posted by Just1morethen View Post

Unless you're at the stage where CH are threatening to make it a criminal matter, its not too late. There's not a fine attached to late filing so I wouldn't be too concerned.

I'll think you'll find the penalites start at around £150 for the first month !

Check the Companies House website

Comment

Originally posted by foritisme View Post

Fines are only for late filing of accounts. There is no fine for late filing of an annual return.

Comment

Originally posted by foritisme View Post

No they don't. Late accounts attract a fine. Not annual return.

Check the OP.

Comment

Anyways quite simply you DO put your limited company name and company no. on the back of the cheque when you make payment to Companies House for the Annual Return.

I'm going to look carefully to see that they cash it, I don't want them to claim that they never received the return, make a secret attempt to strike the company off and then take all the money out of my company account via the "Bona Vacantia laws" (ownerless goods laws).

I wouldn't put anything past them.

Comment

Working...
                    X