• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BNP Demos - Why ? FFS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BNP Demos - Why ? FFS

I, like the majority of the population, are totally dead against the BNP and everything they stand for.

As I am also against all those do-gooders who will turn up at any sniff of a demo, as they have done tonight outside the Beeb, the bulk probably just for the sake of a good riot with police. Go and do something useful with your lives.

Crazy society we live in

Its giving a dangerous party a wide forum which shouldn't be allowed; I never before in my lifetime remember National Front party leaders going on the BBC or any other medium voicing their opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
      Its giving a dangerous party a wide forum which shouldn't be allowed; I never before in my lifetime remember National Front party leaders going on the BBC or any other medium voicing their opinions.
      More people should know they are dangerous: if you don't allow them to debate publicly then it will lead to resentment and they would look like persecuted party.

In any case BNP is not the biggest issue facing this country - it is just convinient for Labour to use them to distract attention from their own mismanagement.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
        I, like the majority of the population, are totally dead against the BNP and everything they stand for.

As I am also against all those do-gooders who will turn up at any sniff of a demo, as they have done tonight outside the Beeb, the bulk probably just for the sake of a good riot with police. Go and do something useful with your lives.

Crazy society we live in
        Watched it for a bit and didn't see a riot - just a bit of pushing and shoving. They seem to have sent up a helicopter as I could hear it in the distance. If this was a Millwall match there would have been 20 (mutilated) police horses, so a demo outside the Beeb is hardly a big deal.

These people have a perfect right to protest against the promotion of fascism, just as Nick Griffin has a right to air his views.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

This has been a complete PR stunt by the Beeb.

I would imagine QT's viewing figures will be through the roof.
          (Wonder what they are 'normally'?)

Edit: According to this article:

Highest viewing figures to date was on 14 May 2009 due to the MP's expenses scandal: 3.8m

Previous high was in November 2002 due to the build-up to the Iraq war: 3.3m

Avergae weekly viewers: 2.6m
          Last edited by Clippy; 22 October 2009, 21:39. Reason: Inclusion of QT viewing figures

Comment

Personally I admire those who stand up for what they believe in.

Unlike the majority who seem to go round in a daze most of the time.

If WW2 was fought now we would probably have lost due to apathy.

Comment

The BNP are good for the UK.

Their rise might persuade our other politicians to snap out of their cosy little lives, stop blindly shouting them down, and ask themselves why the BNP are becoming more popular.

There's too much stuff brushed under the carpet where it is obviously breeding resentment. It needs to be aired and sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

Their rise might persuade our other politicians to snap out of their cosy little lives, stop blindly shouting them down, and ask themselves why the BNP are becoming more popular.

There's too much stuff brushed under the carpet where it is obviously breeding resentment. It needs to be aired and sorted.
                Good point well made imo.

Comment

Only if it does persuade the other numpties to get their tulip together....

They scare the bejaysus out of me.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

WHS^

When an audience member on QT asks why we still have people pouring into the country whilst we have rising unemployment no-one even attempted to answer? DD moved straight on??

That's why the BNP has gained support, politicians keep dodging the bloody issue.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X