• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Significant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Significant

There was a bit on R4 this morning about pork and beef proteins being injected into our chicken in 'significant' amounts. I was thinking what that word actually means.

It could mean a tiny tiny amount, just large enough to be measured.
    It could mean a massive amount that makes it more like a pork sausage than a bit of chicken.

Interesting word, 'Significant'

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Must make things difficult for those with religeous objections to certain foods.

"Chicken" soup anyone?
    Certainly sir, does it contain any pork in significant quantities ? or is it all in insignificant quantities ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Must make things difficult for those with religeous objections to certain foods.

"Chicken" soup anyone?
      There's the same scandal kicking off in Denmark. Here it is lamb that is injected with pork. So that kebab, ain't what you think it is, (but was it ever?)

And then the secondary part of this is a little difficult to explain: the pork used was recovered after it had passed it's sell by date, thereby making the 'new' meat it was injected into immediately passed it's sell by date, but they were putting the new meat's date on it, and selling in certain supermarkets. Some of the injected meat didn't fit the display quality standards, so ended up as mince. The mince was tested and found to contain only trace amounts of lamb, and of course, by now, well passed it's sell by date...
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
        There's the same scandal kicking off in Denmark. Here it is lamb that is injected with pork. So that kebab, ain't what you think it is, (but was it ever?)

And then the secondary part of this is a little difficult to explain: the pork used was recovered after it had passed it's sell by date, thereby making the 'new' meat it was injected into immediately passed it's sell by date, but they were putting the new meat's date on it, and selling in certain supermarkets. Some of the injected meat didn't fit the display quality standards, so ended up as mince. The mince was tested and found to contain only trace amounts of lamb, and of course, by now, well passed it's sell by date...
        I have this theory, that I call my 'Grass theory'

Bread is made from wheat right, which is grass. Lamb comes from , er, lambs, which live on grass, right.
        Therefore,
        and this is the clever bit,

whenever you have a lamb butty, you are actually having a grass grass.

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)

Comment

Welcome to Scandinavia! The lands of tall, buxomous women, great thealthcare and a great standard of living.
          Just remember to not eat, it will kill you.

"Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
            Welcome to Scandinavia! The lands of tall, buxomous women, great thealthcare and a great standard of living.

Another reason to buy organic.
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post

There is a theory that the increase is breast size of scandis, not just of females, but males også, is due to the hormones they've been giving to cows to increase their milk yields being passed on in milk products.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

There is a theory that the increase is breast size of scandis, not just of females, but males også, is due to the hormones they've been giving to cows to increase their milk yields being passed on in milk products.
                It's not just the scandis who have dubious farming practises. A lot of European producers still get away with stuff that has been outlawed in the UK and we're still the ones with a bad rep!
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

My significant other sometimes has a bit of pork in her....?

Yes that's right, we love a good roast pork dinner on a Sunday!
                  In case of emergency, break dance.

Comment

ok, I have a second theory.

Why do beer drinkers get beer-bellies ?
                    It's all down to the immune system. If you go out in the hot sun all day, the body protects itself by turning the skin darker. If you walk for twenty miles each day, the body protects itself by growing pads on the soles of the feet

etc.

now here's the clever bit
                    ten pints of ale in a skinny body would do a lot of damage, so the body protects itself by growing a beer belly.
                    The sign of a healthy man

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                    X