• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Postal Strike - do you care?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Postal Strike - do you care?

Poll to follow...
    Desperate! My cash flow will dry up!!!
    0.00%
    Inconvenient - my invoices are stuck in the post.
    36.36%
    Wot's apostage stamp? I do everything online, doesn't everyone??
    50.00%
    I'm AndyW and I'm still missing my Valentine cards.. :-(
    13.64%
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

I had some stuff delivered yesterday, normally it would have come by Royal Mail but the supplier has now switched to HDN.

Comment

This will cause massive disruption to me. The post woman opposite gets up at 4am to let the dogs out, usually in a nightie, sometimes in the nuddie.

What am I supposed to do if my daily service is suspended ?

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I've ordered some electronic trickery from DealExtreme in Hong Kong, I've tracked the order till it was in the air... I suspect it will stay there for quite some time.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Mail from Sweden

Now I know why all my junk mail delivered to my Brussels Address from the UK
          arrives from Sweden. What a pitty I don't collect stamps

Comment

My DVDs from lovefilm will be delayed.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              No.

I've reached a Zenlike state where I no longer give a tulipe about anything whatsoever.
              Mo
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
                Now I know why all my junk mail delivered to my Brussels Address from the UK arrives from Sweden. What a pitty I don't collect stamps
                I had flurry of computer related junk mail from Denmark and Holland during the nineties. I think the big internationals simply sent it from the country who offered the best deals for bulk post.

At one time BT tried using Malta for European addresses. The solicitor's letter came before the bill, which I took great delight in pointing out to them
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

So the post gets delayed for a day or few, big deal. What's the point of not working for a day or two when all it means is they have more work to do clearing up the backlog when they get back - temps are unlikely to be able to keep up IMO. My sympathy disappears when people go on strike. They should threaten to resign and resign if necessary, and then the Royal Mail, government and UK PLC would be in the tulip. None of this pansying around striking nonsense. Do it properly or feck off back to work. Easier said than done I know.

Comment

Not great...I've to send in my Books to CH and HMRC end of next week. Looks like I'm gonna have to courier them down. HMRC might give me a break (as I've no tax to pay) but CH won't.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                    X