• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should England join the European Time Zone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should England join the European Time Zone

and leave Scotland in Tundra Time?
    Yes, it saves me changing my watch when I go on a booze cruise
    25.00%
    No, I vote UKIP, stuff the Europeans
    58.33%
    I don't care, I can travel through time if I give my Tornado enough wellie
    16.67%
    Numbly tolerating the inequality as a way to achieve greater prosperity for all.

Originally posted by George Parr View Post
    and leave Scotland in Tundra Time?
    I know a few places in Denmark and Holland (so I suspect it happens in the rest of Europe) that have their UK facing departments working on UK time.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Yes. Where's the poll you lazy git?
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Why don't we just remain at GMT the whole year round?

It is a myth that Scotland actually wanted this.

Comment

Keep it how it is.

If you cannot cope with 1 hour difference between UK and EU then you are not competent to be in international business in the first place. The US manage and they have 4 time zones across their main land.

It also give a competitive advantage when dealing with the US.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Keep it GMT +1 all year round - I just hate those frikkin dark evenings.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              Why don't we just remain at GMT the whole year round?

It is a myth that Scotland actually wanted this.
              Whs.

Btw, it's called GMT for a reason! The rest of the world takes its time from us, the Great British!

Rules is rules, and we all know where we'd be without rules, France!!!

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                I know a few places in Denmark and Holland (so I suspect it happens in the rest of Europe) that have their UK facing departments working on UK time.
                No thanks. The hour ahead means you have time to sip coffee and read the papers before the phone starts going.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Yes. Where's the poll you lazy git?
                  Added poll, now back to bed for me.
                  Numbly tolerating the inequality as a way to achieve greater prosperity for all.

Comment

No Andyw option
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                    X