• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Postal Strike - Do you have sympathy for the the posties?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Postal Strike - Do you have sympathy for the the posties?

Poll to follow
    Yes, they're underpaid and overworked
    26.67%
    No they're idle b@stards who need to get with the program
    62.22%
    Andyw sniffs my dirty undergarments
    11.11%
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

No because they are are useless at their jobs, maybe if they provided a good service I might have more sympathy. If thousands of them get sacked and replaced by a few machines that increase reliability then I am all for it.

Comment

I wouldn't be a postie for a gold pig. The job is so crap the local postal service asked Germany to send them a few hundred of their unemployed as they couldn't get any of the local unemployed to do it.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

It's better than walking the streets

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I support the national strike simply because the current strike in London will end sooner.

My letters are delivered up to six weeks late. I get bills with the "payment due by" date in the past. I received an invitation to a family do, complete with map and directions, two weeks after I received the thank you letter for attending!

Bring on the strike! Let the rest of the country suffer!
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Strike? Postman has just been.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

a) I want a postal service where I recognise the mail man and not some new chap or chapess who does not even speak the lingo.

b) The postal service should not be about operating like an efficient fast food shop (as the managers seem bent on) - I'm happy to pay the extra on my stamp for A

The whole thing shares similarities with the managers flooding the NHS and milking the system of every penny rather than spending the money where it matters.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                It's better than walking the streets
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  a) I want a postal service where I recognise the mail man and not some new chap or chapess who does not even speak the lingo.

b) The postal service should not be about operating like an efficient fast food shop (as the managers seem bent on) - I'm happy to pay the extra on my stamp for A

The whole thing shares similarities with the managers flooding the NHS and milking the system of every penny rather than spending the money where it matters.
                  Loony leftie alert!

I've got a mate who's a postie and who loves it. Gets up early, works 5 hours, gets paid for 8, then gets to spend the whole day with his kids. Is it too unreasonable to expect them to work 8 hours when that is what they're paid for?
                  "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

WHS

I don't see what's "loony left" about wanting to keep our traditional postmen and post offices.

Must everything be done for the lowest price and the biggest profit?

I too, would happily pay more for the service, which is insanely cheap. How else could you get a document from Penzance to Edinburgh in 24 hours for less than a quid?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X