• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aww, poor Nick has his feelings hurt...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aww, poor Nick has his feelings hurt...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8322322.stm

So after the BBC took quite a bit of heat to allow him on the programme in the first place, he then has the audacity to complain to the BBC over his treatment on the show.

FFS, what did he expect.

"saying he had faced a "lynch mob"."

Does he mean like the KKK do - whose leader he seemed so fond of supporting...

The audience didn't appear to contain any BNP supporters, so where are the 1m people who voted for this shower?
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      The audience didn't appear to contain any BNP supporters, so where are the 1m people who voted for this shower?
      Anyone prepared to admit they voted BNP

Comment

There should have been BNP supporters in the crown ready to ask the three main other parties what they are going to do about immigration, that I do believe, I would say he has a point. The program was about the BNP and not about the issues they want to speak about, the BBC did set him up for a ratings boost.

Usual 'I don't vote for them disclaimers'
        Last edited by minestrone; 23 October 2009, 12:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          The audience was a lynch mob. At one point, someone clapped a comment from Griffin, and the audience looked around hatefully to see who it was that had the temerity to clap.

Ugly. A massively ugly charade.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
            The audience was a lynch mob. At one point, someone clapped a comment from Griffin, and the audience looked around hatefully to see who it was that had the temerity to clap.

Ugly. A massively ugly charade.
            It was very poor.

All it needed was a few BNP members in the audience to do their worst and let Nick chat a little more and job done.
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

It wasn't a perfect layout/format for the BNP, but what the tulipe did he expect - the red carpet treatment. If he couldn't hack this kind of exposure and pressure, he should stay at home.

In short, he put in a poor performance and now wants to blame the BBC for that, rather than address his own failings.

He knew he was putting his hand in the fire - and now complains that he got burned.

Comment

I thought I was watching the Jerry Springer show.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                  It wasn't a perfect layout/format for the BNP, but what the tulipe did he expect - the red carpet treatment. If he couldn't hack this kind of exposure and pressure, he should stay at home.

In short, he put in a poor performance and now wants to blame the BBC for that, rather than address his own failings.

He knew he was putting his hand in the fire - and now complains that he got burned.
                  The BBC is supposed to be impartial. In this case, it was anything but. Even Dimblebum was on the attack. They (BBC) blew it, big time, in their over-eagerness to demonise Griffin.

A better panel, a more neutral audience, and the usual QT format would have elucidated much more. From the shambles that was last night's QT, I am none the wiser about what the BNP really stands for, or why I should oppose or support it.

My gut instinct is to oppose it, but I would like to have the opportunity of having some concrete data to inform my opinion. QT certainly wasn't the forum for that.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                    It was very poor.

All it needed was a few BNP members in the audience to do their worst and let Nick chat a little more and job done.
                    I read somewhere that there were 9 party members in there. That guy who asked the question about whether he'd done much travelling before was obviously one of them, or so it appeared to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X