• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Button in frame for McLaren drive

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Button in frame for McLaren drive

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8322334.stm

I don't think this would be a good move, Hamilton would run rings around Button IMO.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8322334.stm

I don't think this would be a good move, Hamilton would run rings around Button IMO.
    Didn't he say he was going to stick by Brawn, and that it wasn't about the money?

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
      Didn't he say he was going to stick by Brawn, and that it wasn't about the money?
      It's always about the money...

I would imagine Brawn are trying to secure descent sponsorship for next year (shouldn't be too hard) before increasing Jenson's deal.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

To be fair, he took a massive pay cut for them, and he's now world champion. Not unreasonable to want more money ...
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          It's always about the money...

I would imagine Brawn are trying to secure descent sponsorship for next year (shouldn't be too hard) before increasing Jenson's deal.
          But they have found it hard to get in decent sponsorship. Virgin got them dead cheap.

That's because most view their achievement as a one-off due to the double diffuser issue. They no longer have any technical advantage and find it very hard to win races now.

A lot are expecting the Brawn's to be quite average next season, so sponsors aren't prepared to stump up the big cash.

Will be interesting to see Button/Hamilton in the same team though...

Comment

You never know with Ross Braun. He won the drivers championship even using an average fellow like Button, and could do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              You never know with Ross Braun. He won the drivers championship even using an average fellow like Button, and could do it again.
              Oh, I agree he might pull another rabbit out of the hat...

But the big sponsors don't believe it will happen, which is why they are having trouble pulling in the money...

Comment

So if Button is off next season then who'll be driving for Brawn?

Is Barrichello staying put?
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  So if Button is off next season then who'll be driving for Brawn?

Is Barrichello staying put?
                  Rosberg plus one...

The 'plus one' was assumed to be Button, but I think Barichello will be happy to stay if there is a seat for him - but he can't hang around too long and he will be pressuring Brawn to make up their mind.

Comment

Button is the luckiest driver in history ... Brawn himsilf won that championship. Button was in the right place at the right time. He took a pay cut because he had no other options to go elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                    X