• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client co cruelty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Client co cruelty

The client co have decided to update their Electronic media policy limiting our surfing activity to 30 minutes a day, with weekly management reports being formulated highlighting the worst offenders, theyve banned auctions,gambling,swearing and anything interesting

Already done my BAU stuff up to 2013, exceeded my deliverables months ago and cleared their service improvement plans till the next millennium, counted the tiles on every wall, floor and ceiling in the building and learned the German and Norwegian phonetic alphabet (backwards)

how am I going to carry on?
    (luckily only got 9 days till bench)

Last edited by badgerpig; 23 October 2009, 13:17.

Originally posted by badgerpig View Post
    Already done my BAU stuff up to 2013, exceeded my deliverables months ago and cleared their service improvement plans till the next millennium, counted the tiles on every wall, floor and ceiling in the building and learned the German and Norwegian phonetic alphabet (backwards)

Do a word analysis on Agatha Christie novels. You'll achieve a surprisingly interesting set of results. It's had me going for weeks.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
      Do a word analysis on Agatha Christie novels. You'll achieve a surprisingly interesting set of results. It's had me going for weeks.
      not bad,
      luckily someone told me about project guttenburg gone through 1984, war of the worlds and heart of darkness

reckon I can fit something else in in 9 days

Comment

must dash,
        clocks ticking and want to look on jobserve before I go home

Comment

Ah, the wonders of mobile broadband!
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by badgerpig View Post

Either use a Blackberry or just use someone else's unattended PC or logon.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
              Either use a Blackberry or just use someone else's unattended PC or logon.
              good thinking, ........6 minutes

Comment

Open GMail in a tab and forget about it. Ditto with Telegraph. The AJAX calls they make will fill their logs and mask your real activity. Tell your colleagues to do the same and they won't see the wood for the trees.
                Cats are evil.

Comment

Use a USB broadband stick to view the pages you want to see

Comment

The normal response is for everybody to bring in their own wireless mini-laptops and surf on them instead.

Comment

Working...
                    X