• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Waste of a good walk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waste of a good walk

I think it was Winston that said Golf was a waste of a good walk. The worlds longest Golf course has been opened on the Nullarbor plains in Oz.

I drove across this place a few weeks ago, for the second time. I never thought about golf once

Nullarbor comes from the Latin. The first explorers named it because it was 'empty of trees'. And so it fkng is.

They should have called it 'plenus of venit sh1 t sand , pulex , quod fervens ut abyssus'

I could have had a nice walk here

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

"Mark Twain once said that golf was a good walk ruined."

I'm a golf nut but have no real desire to play this one.

Comment

I prefer my father's expression: "golf is a good walk spoiled". My father is a Fellow of the Institute of Groundsmanship.

Where's the "Keep of the Grass" smiley?

"you can tee off in the former gold mining town of Kalgoorlie" - that's where the best Ozzie love songs come from.
      Last edited by BrowneIssue; 24 October 2009, 15:43.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I know they're supposed to be clever, but how the flip can a crow steal a golf ball?
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          I know they're supposed to be clever, but how the flip can a crow steal a golf ball?
          I met a lot of crows in Oz
          most of them are 6ft tall, blonde and called Sheila

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
          X