• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Refuse to vote

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refuse to vote

Democracy is a joke and voting serves no purpose except in fooling gullible peasants into feeling a little bit better for a few weeks before becoming more disillusioned with the whole thing than last time, which is almost forgotten now which is a kind blessing that hardly forms a compelling vindication for the whole sorry cycle. The same people will run the country whichever bunch of self-serving power-hungry opportunist front-men (or occasionally women) get voted in. Even the BNP is a con trick designed to capture the growing market of the disillusioned but too dumb not to vote vote. Voting is not the solution.

If you refuse to vote at elections, slowly power will be drained from politicians that will help expose and weaken their power base and their evil puppeteers. And their lazy rich mates who live in palaces. At the very least they will get a bit miffed. Don't encourage it, don't vote. It's all a con. You don't get democracy by voting, you get it by revolution and by bombing foreign countries from 30,000 feet and by ignoring voters. Don't even talk about politics and refuse to buy magazines that have any politics in them. Try not to even think about politics, every bit nourishes and enables it to grow and thrive. Before you know it politicians will control the world!

See poll
    Yes, absolutely. I would vote for any party that is against voting
    20.00%
    I am not voting in this poll for obvious reasons
    10.00%
    This option is for people who don't want to vote and it will not count as a real vote
    30.00%
    Everyone except pedigree AndyW voters must be deported, grrr
    40.00%

I am totally in favour of reducing the number of voters to one - myself, naturally. I cannot imagine a better system of government than a totalitarian police state run by yours truly.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Yep, there is no real choice in political parties in this country.
      They are more or less a carbon copy of each other and all committed to keeping this country exactly how it is:
      • surveilance state.
      • career MP's with their snouts in the trough.
      • taxpayer's bled dry by the banks.
      • middle classes penalised with high taxes to pay for over-burdened public services due to immigration.

Nothing will change. But.....

I WILL vote, because the alternative of the BNP gaining power (just as Le Pen did well from voter apathy in France) doesnt bear thinking about.
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

"I am not voting in this poll for obvious reasons"

I have long said that Tory/Labour are almost identical. Until we get a Maggiesque leader we should vote Liberal/BNP/Communist/Monster Raving Looney.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Democracy is a joke and voting serves no purpose except in fooling gullible peasants into feeling a little bit better for a few weeks before becoming more disillusioned with the whole thing than last time, which is almost forgotten now which is a kind blessing that hardly forms a compelling vindication for the whole sorry cycle. The same people will run the country whichever bunch of self-serving power-hungry opportunist front-men (or occasionally women) get voted in. Even the BNP is a con trick designed to capture the growing market of the disillusioned but too dumb not to vote vote. Voting is not the solution.

If you refuse to vote at elections, slowly power will be drained from politicians that will help expose and weaken their power base and their evil puppeteers. And their lazy rich mates who live in palaces. At the very least they will get a bit miffed. Don't encourage it, don't vote. It's all a con. You don't get democracy by voting, you get it by revolution and by bombing foreign countries from 30,000 feet and by ignoring voters. Don't even talk about politics and refuse to buy magazines that have any politics in them. Try not to even think about politics, every bit nourishes and enables it to grow and thrive. Before you know it politicians will control the world!

See poll
          It is pointless not voting because politicians will interpret it as they want. It’s better to spoil your ballot paper. Use a felt tip marker and write something like “Gordon Brown is a cnt”
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Voting is not the solution.
            Some Germans used to share this view circa 1936.

One should at least make the effort to go and spoil ones ballot paper.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
              Some Germans used to share this view circa 1936.
              But not voting was not the reason Hitler got in. It was due to a hung parliament : Hitler agreed to support a coalition provided he was Chancellor.

God help us if the BNP ever get a few seats and there is a hung parliament.......

Comment

If you don't vote then don't complain about who gets in.
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  We Giant Alien Lizards get in no matter who you vote for.

Oooops.

Did I say that aloud?
                  Nope.
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                  X