• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortgage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage

Can anyone recommend a mortgage provider?

I'm a first time buyer with < 2 years on the books as self employed.

Note: I've tried Contractor Mortgages, but they seemed v. expensive and they wanted a £75 upfront 'application' fee
    Cats are evil.

What about these guys, I haven't had a mortgage through them but have spoke to them and was quite impressed.

http://www.contractormoney.com/

There is no reason for anyone to charge you anything. Any form of FA will always receive some sort of cut from the provider.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp
      Can anyone recommend a mortgage provider?

I'm a first time buyer with < 2 years on the books as self employed.

Note: I've tried Contractor Mortgages, but they seemed v. expensive and they wanted a £75 upfront 'application' fee
      Halifax? It looked good to me.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
        Halifax? It looked good to me.
        Halifax have 'IT Contractor' listed as an occupation on their online Mortgage Promise. But when I phoned they said they need two years on their books.
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Contractors should only pay with crisp 50s in brown paper bags.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Bovvered
            What about these guys, I haven't had a mortgage through them but have spoke to them and was quite impressed.

http://www.contractormoney.com/
            I used these people a few years ago. Very good.

Comment

I went through www.moneyextra.co.uk ... I had only been contracting 3 months but landed a 6 monther... had full access to the(n) Abbey Nationals range of products as they listed 'IT' as a preferred occupation (admittedly this was 2000). Id try MoneyExtra - they dont charge you directly but take a cut from the provider - so they might indirectly cost you through the fees the provider will charge. I found them to be very good. After about a year I switched to the One Account and had no problems...

Good luck, and check out sites like the www.motleyfool.co.uk etc and get some free advice. Cant hurt.
              Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                Contractors should only pay with crisp 50s in brown paper bags.
                real contractor please..............having said that I have used www.alexanderhall.co.uk selfcert to finance 1 or two investment properties. Then I have gone direct to Bank of Scotland, Mortgage Express and Birmingham Midshires..........all do celf cert.

But if you are PAYE for your company then you can make your own payslips up.....no need for celfcert then......
                SA says;
                Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                (whatever these are)

Comment

Just pay yourself a descent amount for three months and 'bobs yer uncle'

Originally posted by n5gooner
                  real contractor please..............having said that I have used www.alexanderhall.co.uk selfcert to finance 1 or two investment properties. Then I have gone direct to Bank of Scotland, Mortgage Express and Birmingham Midshires..........all do celf cert.

But if you are PAYE for your company then you can make your own payslips up.....no need for celfcert then......

Comment

Originally posted by ~Craig~
                    Just pay yourself a descent amount for three months and 'bobs yer uncle'
                    Oh, I get it, you meant decent. FFS, this place is populated by retards!

Comment

Working...
                    X