• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ContactPoint

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ContactPoint

"ContactPoint" is the name of the Government's new database that will store contact information on all 11 million children in England".

Oh goody, yet another sensitive database that will end up on a laptop left on a train or on a CD lost in the mail.

The vegetarian option.

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    "ContactPoint" is the name of the Government's new database that will store contact information on all 11 million children in England".

Oh goody, yet another sensitive database that will end up on a laptop left on a train or on a CD lost in the mail.

Its great that you only need to give an email address to get a login on their web site. I would think that they would want to know just a little more about prospective users first.

PZZ

Comment

As with ID cards, some apologist will be along soon saying what a great idea this is and how it will make all ours kids so much safer.

Comment

It might be another disaster waiting to happen in terms of losing data, but if done properly it could be a gem. MrsC works with Social services, teachers, nurserys, and something like ContactPoint would prove invaluable to protect kids.

Yes, it may be 1984 in some respects, and not sure how the Gov would use the data, and that concerns me... but even if all agencies involved had a central record of a kid which could prevent something like Baby P happening again, all the better. And no doubt some esteemed members of the board would be working on it too

It's all a moot point anyway, the Tories want to scrap it along with all the SureStarts in the country, so there goes her job. Pffttt.
        In case of emergency, break dance.

Comment

I signed a petition about that and got this response:
          http://www.number10.gov.uk/Page20802

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            As with ID cards, some apologist will be along soon saying what a great idea this is and how it will make all ours kids so much safer.
            That'll be me then? ha!

It's not going to make kids much safer, only the ones who are risk... If it works, it works... if it doesn't, then that's when Gov stats come in to play!

I never really saw the point with ID cards anyway, what's wrong with my driving licence...!
            In case of emergency, break dance.

Comment

Working...
            X