• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Curry

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curry

I just don't get it at all when you can have Italian, Tapas, Thai - you name it anything but that foul glop!

Now I appreciate that this might be controversial but I'm afraid that I have to say it; curry = food of the devil.

Originally posted by bekarovka View Post
    I just don't get it at all when you can have Italian, Tapas, Thai - you name it anything but that foul glop!

Now I appreciate that this might be controversial but I'm afraid that I have to say it; curry = food of the devil.
    Easy one - don't eat it then!

PZZ

Comment

well, not so easy because whenever there's a social at work everyone always wants a curry - so I just wind up going along for the poppadoms and Cobra.

Comment

well, not so easy because whenever there's a social at work everyone always wants a curry - so I just wind up going along for the poppadoms and Cobra.
        Really poor, I hope whoever wrote you is ashamed of themselves.

Comment

Ban him.

How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Philistine! But if your taste buds say no, fair enough.

However, if you have cold or flu, a curry, such as chicken dhansak (hopefully with okra) has truly medicinal qualities.

Comment

I have only been to two really good curry restaurants ( in 40 years) and those were when a member of the party was an Indian who knew the owners. Curry dishes vary and many of them do not originate from India but are Indian versions of foreign dishes therefore you could get the original and much better food in places such as a Thai or Persian restaurant. (http://www.tigersandstrawberries.com...-lamb-dopiaza/ ) Most curry restaurants are mediocre. At work I have suggest alternatives such as a Greek Meza evening but they have always opted for curry and the moaned next day about the poor value and service.

If you are in London you are in luck as there is a fantastic selection of restaurants outside of the centre and some near the centre.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I think this is something everyone is going to have an opinion on.

Rubbish curries are commonplace. There are some really good places but they are few and far between. Everyone has their own favourite. And yes, there is not a huge amount you can do to stop it looking like gloop.

There are two main problems with cheap curries; too much salt to mask the taste and poor quality ingredients.

If I have to go for a curry I try to get people to go to places like Imli which tend to be lighter and with better quality ingredients. In the main though, even though I really like spicy food, I prefer to go elsewhere.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Try M&S or Sainsbury's even Tesco's have upped their game.

HTH.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

CM and I visited "the curry mile" recently.

A couple sat at the next table to us had the following discussion over the menu...

She - "What are you having?"

He - "A curry."

She - "What sort?"

He - "I don't know, I can't find curry on the menu."

This was in the Sher Kahn, Rusholme.

I'd also like to make the point that while "He" went to the gents, his darling son(approx age 5) was busy trying to slice up the upholstery with his knife.

Comment

Working...
                    X