• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Here be windy speeches

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here be windy speeches

Farting

I'd like to know what he eats
    I'd like to know how he travels
    I'd like to know where he lives
    and so on, quite possibly a hypocrite
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Farting

I'd like to know what he eats
    I'd like to know how he travels
    I'd like to know where he lives
    and so on, quite possibly a hypocrite

Don't get me started on all that climate b0ll0x!!

Comment

Originally posted by Original Article
      Up to 20,000 delegates from 192 countries are due to attend the UN conference in the Copenhagen, which aims to thrash out a deal to reduce greenhouse gas emissions sufficiently to prevent an increase in global temperatures of more than 2 degrees centigrade.
      How are they all going to get there?

Comment

Up to 20,000 delegates from 192 countries are due to attend the UN conference in the Danish capital. Its aim is to forge a deal to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
        Right. Surely they could have done this by video conferencing which would have gone towards reducing emissions. Think of all those flights, all that extra transport laid on, all the utilities used in hotels, all the extra food, tossers...

Damn quicker than me
        Last edited by darmstadt; 27 October 2009, 09:01. Reason: Quicker than me
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

People should give up eating meat to halt climate change, according to Lord Stern of Brentford, a leading authority on global warming.

And what scientific background has this tw@t got exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            People should give up eating meat to halt climate change, according to Lord Stern of Brentford, a leading authority on global warming.

I'm not sure science has anything to do with it....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

There are 1.4 billion livestock emitting 500litres of methane each every day
              I say ,cover their backsides and connect it to British gas grid

Comment

All the bulltulip emitted on CUK could power most of Europe.

Comment

Not sure of the chemistry but replacing a highly adapted and efficient cellulose-to-protein converting mechanism like a cow's stomach for a inefficient human one that is not evolved to do it doesn't sound sensible.

Catalytic converters fitted to cows' bottoms, much easier. Or little power plants that not only burn the CH4 back to less harmful CO2 but charge batteries fitted next to the cows' udders. Swap the charged batteries for dead ones when they are milked.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Not sure of the chemistry but replacing a highly adapted and efficient cellulose-to-protein converting mechanism like a cow's stomach for a inefficient human one that is not evolved to do it doesn't sound sensible.

Catalytic converters fitted to cows' bottoms, much easier. Or little power plants that not only burn the CH4 back to less harmful CO2 but charge batteries fitted next to the cows' udders. Swap the charged batteries for dead ones when they are milked.
                    Or simply invent a synthetic method of converting cellulose to protein.

Btw, if CO is not a greenhouse gas and CO2 is, why have we got catalytic convertors fitted to cars?

Comment

Working...
                    X