• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You will get bored.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You will get bored.

Just been rejected from a role because, "I would get bored." No doubting my skills or experience, just that I would get bored. It's only a three month contract forsake!

It's because they are very concerned about your long term mental health.

Comment

Who rejected you? The agent or end client?

Comment

Was it for an Oil Drilling company?
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

That's agent speak for "the client thought you'd rock the boat, we're all sitting here waiting for our pensions."

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            That's agent speak for "the client thought you'd rock the boat, we're all sitting here waiting for our pensions."
            Bollocks, wtf does the agent know apart from his/her margin?

IMO agents are f**king this industry up!

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
              Just been rejected from a role because, "I would get bored." No doubting my skills or experience, just that I would get bored. It's only a three month contract forsake!
              "The recruiting manager is such an incompetent twat that he is too frightened to take me on in case I show him up and that is why he only wants useless winkers working for him?"

Been there. Annoying, innit?
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

It was the client. I'm was only really whinging about the excuse given. I have actually been quite impressed by this particular agent. No nonsense. Straight talker. Bothers to return emails or calls.

Comment

I had an interview for a basic support role where the interviewer seemed to spend the whole time trying to find out if I'd be bored, I felt like he was putting me off.

I didn't get it but was second on the list so when the first choice jacked it in after one day I got the call.

I am feckin bored mind... and poor.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
                    Don't ever take any notice of a rejection like this, that doesn't contain constructive criticism, it's just some crap off the top of their head, not often is it meant to upset you.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X