• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car fit for a contractor/CEO

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car fit for a contractor/CEO

HI guy(s).

I am just about to take a break from contracting (voluntary) to focus on plan B. Plan B will involve some but not a lot of driving to potential customers for sales meetings. And later I will have to drive to customers to deliver the service/product.

So I need a car.

We already have a boring family car so my car can be slightly impractical/fun.

I have set myself a budsget of 20K EUR and I do not mind if it is up to 10 years old as long as it is in good condition.

So far I am down to a list of:
    BMW M5 (1999-2000) Pro: power (400bhp), practicality. Con: running costs, high mileage, petrol bills.
    BMW Z3 M coupe (1999-2002) Pro: engine, handling, looks, potential keep-forever-car Con: replacement parts cost.
    Nissan 350Z (2004-2007) Pro. newer car, low running costs, slideable, I know what I get as I have had it before as a long term rental. Con: I already "had" one as a rental for a year in Middle East, boring compared to the 2 others.

So what do you guys say?

Or do you have any good left field suggestions?

you can look at www.mobile.de if you want to search yourself

I live in Frankfurt and BMW's do not have the COKC stigma here as they do (did ) in the UK.

let me hear what you have for me?
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Honda Civic,

Spend what you'll save on a mistress (or two)
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

http://www.greencarsite.co.uk/GREENC...-c6-diesel.htm
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I've got a Z3M Roadster.

Combine the fuel economy () with the tiddly fuel tank and you are looking at a 200 mile range. Good fun though.

If your budget stretches, the Z4M Coupe is something a bit different and a better car than the Z3M Coupe.

Comment

Perfection

Or, more seriously, something big and German
          Last edited by Moscow Mule; 27 October 2009, 10:46.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

It seems I missed to mention that I like powerful rear wheel drive sports cars.
            An elise with a 5L V would be perfect, but does not exist.

Comment

A Mercedes saloon.

Go for comfort.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post

Or, more seriously, something big and German
                Good call - but a bit boring. It should also be fun on an occational track day. At the Nurburgring - which is 2 hours away.

Comment

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/1179467.htm

Maybe some cheaper ones about.

Looks like you are the CEO in one of these.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/1179467.htm

Maybe some cheaper ones about.

Looks like you are the CEO in one of these.
                    good call - if only it was in the colour Jewish Racing Gold

Comment

Working...
                    X