• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU demands an extra £5m a day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU demands an extra £5m a day

BRITISH taxpayers will hand over an extra £5million a day to Brussels next year if European politicians get their way, it emerged yesterday.

For the UK the advantages include:
    • Adds £1.8billion a year to our annual net payments
    • The UK would be the EU’s second biggest net contributor after Germany
    • The UK would get the least back per head from Europe than any other country
    • This was agreed by Tony Blair when he agreed to surrender part of the EU rebate in 2005 in exchange for future radical reform of the Common Agricultural Policy – something which has not happened
    • It would help fund Tony Blair's huge salary as el presidente (and Nick Griffin's as MEP), pension and palace maintenance costs

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...from-taxpayers

Worth every penny

I can't even go to Europe, so I don't even know where to begin with this.
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Bend over. Here comes the EU equivalent of Bubba.

Comment

Give them the bloody money
        Gordo has a money tree in his back garden

Comment

UK's contribution has fallen in value since the main currency for Europe is euro - from this point of view UK is paying good 25-30% less than before.

Comment

They need the money so Monsewer Presidente Bliar can start his pan-European Holy War with the Middle East.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              They need the money so Monsewer Presidente Bliar can start his pan-European Holy War with the Middle East.
              Agreed, that looks like the most likely outcome to me.

The Danes I know (and some of them I know are politicians) are horrified by the prospect.

Anyone else out there on the continent, what do your locals think of B'liar?
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                Agreed, that looks like the most likely outcome to me.

The Danes I know (and some of them I know are politicians) are horrified by the prospect.

Anyone else out there on the continent, what do your locals think of B'liar?
                What does it matter what the locals think?

Comment

C'mon, who voted for Bliar to be El Presidente?

What do you mean no one voted....it's a democracy right?

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

This is beginning to feel like one of these sci-fi stories where an assassin is sent back from the future to take out a politician before he can cause irrecoverable damage (where are these time-travelling assassins when you need one ?)
                    If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Working...
                    X