• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Real estate poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real estate poll

Not very witty, but interesting...
    I rent
    25.81%
    I sold house and switched to renting
    12.90%
    I sold house and live on streets
    0.00%
    I "own" a house with mortgage to pay
    25.81%
    I own the house (paid off mortgage)
    29.03%
    I live in hotels as a true contractor
    0.00%
    I moved in with AndyW and he pays for everything
    6.45%

Is this a subject you know much about? I mean buying, selling and making money from property?

Comment

Where is the "I own a property and paid cash for it in the first place"
      or the "I own a property through inheritance" options?
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

The bank owns my house. I pay the mortgage.

SSTC twice in 2007 planning on going into rented for a couple of years to see how the market panned out. After buyers pulling out twice on the sale decided the headache wasn't worth it and decided to stay put for at least the next few years.

Was expecting to see larger falls in property prices than have been seen. Still expect prices to be far less than they are now in a few years - but that depends on how much overtime the printing press will be doing.

Comment

AtW believes mortgages are evil and people should save £200k before they leave home.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

where's the "my house in the uk is empty 'cause I dont want pikey tennants renting it and messing it up and I currently live in a rented serviced apartment during the week and with the girlfriend at weekends" option???
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Where is my imminent SKA news?

Comment

Where is the "I live in a bedsit in brum and regularly put the 'oooh' in pot noodle" option?

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  AtW believes mortgages are evil and people should save £200k before they leave home.
                  Mortgages are fine long term debt - what's not fine is when they result in artificial inflation of house prices and having people "releasing equity" to fund their purchases while getting even more into debt.

Comment

Is this just for my American property portfolio?

Comment

Working...
                    X