• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Little Britain sketch critisized

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Britain sketch critisized

Story

What about us chavs? I am highly offended by this Vicky Pollard character.

Well I thought it was funny, in fact......

Pmsl
    Why not?

Comment

Funny ?

I'm surprised that Little Britain is so popular because I find most of the sketches boring, eg the vomiting ladies, the breastfeeding guy, the fat lady in the health spa.

I find Dafydd and Vicky Pollard funny at times. I think they only have enough funny material for a one-off show rather than a whole series.

What does anyone else think ?

Comment

Originally posted by Arun V
        I find Dafydd and Vicky Pollard funny at times. I think they only have enough funny material for a one-off show rather than a whole series.
        Agree.

...and the guy in the wheelchair is pretty funny, but apart from that it’s a bit boring now.

Comment

Well it's funny in the same way that

the fast show was funny, i.e. repeat lots of catch-phrases.
          Really they're just a bunch of grotesques which is funny first time round.
          I don't mean first series, I mean first show.
          (Although the sketch with Ann being Celine Dionne on Stars in their eyes was funny when Lucas says 'sounds just like her')
          Why not?

Comment

Modern comedy 'sketch' shows have become monotonously formulaic. The idea of repeated scenarios and catchphrases is one that appeals to the masses of the TV watching public. There's a 'comfort zone' element in knowing pretty much what is about to happen or be said (much like many of Milans 'Recession' and 'House Price' threads ) without having the fine detail, so there's still that slight element of surprise, but with no nasty shocks.
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

I found the sketch where a bloke was trying to seduce a "confused" pensioner really creepy.

Comment

"Everyone says its funny so it must be"

The earliest tickets you can get for the Little Britain live show is in October 2006 !!! I dont know if most of the people who like the show really find it funny or just say so because others say it funny.

I'm going for a wee now so class please discuss.

Comment

Originally posted by Arun V
                  The earliest tickets you can get for the Little Britain live show is in October 2006 !!! I dont know if most of the people who like the show really find it funny or just say so because others say it funny.

I'm going for a wee now so class please discuss.
                  It was OK when it started. Its just repetative now. The Fast Show somehow made the repeating joke funny time after time, but not Little Britain. The funniest thing in the show by far has to be the voice overs from Tom Baker.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                  X