PDA

View Full Version : Where is Lincolnshire?

bellymonster
28th October 2009, 08:15
I've had a few interviews in London recently and the same question keeps coming up when they look at my home address...

"Where is Lincolnshire?"

Are all southerners oblivious to the location of the second biggest county in England?

Flubster
28th October 2009, 08:17
Yes.

So, where is Lincolnshire then?

bellymonster
28th October 2009, 08:21
This is my general response...

"Do you know where Nottingham is?"
"Yes"
"About 30 miles NE of there"
"Oh"

Flubster
28th October 2009, 08:22
Oh.

gingerjedi
28th October 2009, 08:25
I've had a few interviews in London recently and the same question keeps coming up when they look at my home address...

"Where is Lincolnshire?"

Are all southerners oblivious to the location of the second biggest county in England?

No just Londoners, don't be so ignorant.

Northern monkeys.:rolleyes:

VectraMan
28th October 2009, 08:26

"Yes"
"Oh"

They're lying about knowing where Nottingham is.

London should have one of those signs saying "Thankyou for not discussing the outside world". Even mention that there's something outside the M25 and they get this confused scared look in their eyes.

bellymonster
28th October 2009, 08:31
No just Londoners, don't be so ignorant.

Northern monkeys.:rolleyes:

In the grand scheme of things Lincolnshire is hardly northern, more like East Midlands.

OrangeHopper
28th October 2009, 08:37

"Yes"
"Oh"

A border county then.

DimPrawn
28th October 2009, 08:44
It's a bit like Herefordshire. Where the fook is that? Does anyone actually live there?

Pogle
28th October 2009, 08:46

"Where is Lincolnshire?"

Solution - don't put your address on your CV - simples :D

If you're willing to work anywhere in the country, your address is irrelevant.

bellymonster
28th October 2009, 09:01
Test your geography skills...

http://www.purposegames.com/game/2306

gingerjedi
28th October 2009, 09:04
It's a bit like Herefordshire. Where the fook is that? Does anyone actually live there?

SAS live and train in Herefordshire. To clarify I'm talking about the hard as nails elite fighting machines not the geeky programmer.

TimberWolf
28th October 2009, 09:24

"Where is Lincolnshire?"

Is it near Scotland? It sounds like somewhere out of the Lord Of The Rings.

Spacecadet
28th October 2009, 09:27
Is it near Scotland? It sounds like somewhere out of the Lord Of The Rings.

Lincolnshire might not be out of The Lord of The Rings but most of the inhabitants look like they are

BrowneIssue
28th October 2009, 09:29

27% in 4:56.3

Warning: when you have got one wrong a few times, one of the county's dots go pink. Do NOT do what I did and ignore that one assuming you have clicked on it - it's actually a 'hint', i.e. telling you the answer.

Tingles
28th October 2009, 09:35
Solution - don't put your address on your CV - simples :D

If you're willing to work anywhere in the country, your address is irrelevant.

I always say I'm from the next town to where the role is - "but please send contracts etc to my registered office address'.

VectraMan
28th October 2009, 10:03

Herefordshire is in Wales. Some people will tell you that it's in England, but they're just deluding themselves. It's really in Wales.

HairyArsedBloke
28th October 2009, 10:12

"Where is Lincolnshire?"

It's one of those questions when we don't want a proper answer, like 'how are you today', or 'did you have a good journey'.

If you give a detailed answer then you'll never get the job.

singhr
28th October 2009, 10:14
I don't know where it is but they make some of the dammned finest sausages in the land

bellymonster
28th October 2009, 10:20
I don't know where it is but they make some of the dammned finest sausages in the land

Pork based products are our forte, that and tatties.

bellymonster
28th October 2009, 10:21
27% in 4:56.3

Warning: when you have got one wrong a few times, one of the county's dots go pink. Do NOT do what I did and ignore that one assuming you have clicked on it - it's actually a 'hint', i.e. telling you the answer.

Guess you must be a clueless southerner then.

I got 93% in 3 minutes.

Amiga500
28th October 2009, 10:36
It's one of those questions when we don't want a proper answer, like 'how are you today', or 'did you have a good journey'.

If you give a detailed answer then you'll never get the job.

The term you are looking for is rhetorical.

BrowneIssue
28th October 2009, 10:52
Guess you must be a clueless southerner then.

I got 93% in 3 minutes.'Frait not. I was born in an English county that is not on that map, educated in a county on that map which no longer exists and did Modern Geography, which does not include looking at maps at all.

Doggy Styles
28th October 2009, 22:51
'Frait not. I was born in an English county that is not on that map, educated in a county on that map which no longer exists and did Modern Geography, which does not include looking at maps at all.Nice one.

You must have been educated in Cumberland, Westmoreland or Hunts perhaps?

Hmm. But what county pre-dated their demise, is not on the map, but existed recently enough for you to have been born in it?

Was Monmouthshire in England for a spell? Was IoW independent once? A Yorky Riding?

BrowneIssue
29th October 2009, 00:08
Nice one.

You must have been educated in Cumberland, Westmoreland or Hunts perhaps?

Hmm. But what county pre-dated their demise, is not on the map, but existed recently enough for you to have been born in it?

Was Monmouthshire in England for a spell? Was IoW independent once? A Yorky Riding?You have so far mentioned neither of the counties to which I was referring.

Which rather shows just how much buggering about successive governments have done just to fiddle the voting.

I have also worked in a Welsh county that very few people know is now a county.

KentPhilip
29th October 2009, 06:09

95% in 3 mins 6 seconds:D

Who can better that?

Flubster
29th October 2009, 07:23
You have so far mentioned neither of the counties to which I was referring.

Which rather shows just how much buggering about successive governments have done just to fiddle the voting.

Middlesex?
Wessex?

Coalman
29th October 2009, 07:58
You have so far mentioned neither of the counties to which I was referring.

Avon?
One of the metropolitan authorities?

VectraMan
29th October 2009, 08:43
'Frait not. I was born in an English county that is not on that map, educated in a county on that map which no longer exists and did Modern Geography, which does not include looking at maps at all.

Rutland?

I grew up not in Worcestershire, and certainly not in Herefordshire, but in Hereford and Worcester.

Pondlife
29th October 2009, 08:50

Blocked from here :freaky:

DimPrawn
29th October 2009, 09:29
57% in 3:48