• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"square shaped" recovery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"square shaped" recovery

According to the guy on CNBC this morning. We are not looking at a "V" shaped recovery, but a "square shaped" recovery

You could'nt make this stuff up!
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Square shaped, my arse.
    Its an L-shaped non-recovery - because there is not enough world-class industry* to generate wealth for the UK.
    This simple truth is proving hard to digest for the elite who'd rather bury their head in the sand.

*apart from aerospace, defence, pharma which don't generate enough to support a 65 million population.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Square shaped, my arse.
      Its an L-shaped non-recovery - because there is not enough world-class industry* to generate wealth for the UK.
      This simple truth is proving hard to digest for the elite who'd rather bury their head in the sand.

*apart from aerospace, defence, pharma which don't generate enough to support a 65 million population.
      Ah, but when New Labour increase the headcount to 80 or 90 million through immigration, we'll be fine because of all the tax they'll pay.

Sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Ah, but when New Labour increase the headcount to 80 or 90 million through immigration, we'll be fine because of the huge exports of Soylent Green we can make to the rest of the world
        Fixed
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Ah, but when New Labour increase the headcount to 80 or 90 million through immigration, we'll be fine because of all the tax they'll pay.

Sorted.
          Somebody has to have the money to fund the service economy.
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Square shaped, my arse.
            Its an L-shaped non-recovery -
            'L-shaped non-recovery', I like that I think I shall steal it to use in a letter to the editor / news comment somewhere.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

'Square shaped' rhymes with 'pear shaped'.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
              X